Monday, December 1, 2014

Friends and the meaning of friendship...



When I was a child we were told that a friend was someone who you shared experiences with and life lessons, joys and sorrows and memories too…

Not unlike a sibling but less likely to fight with, although that could happen too…but not as often and making up would always cure that, or a pinkie swear that you would never ever let that happen again. Blood brothers and blood sisters were usually biologically really only friends, but one always stood up for that person unconditionally who in many cases one would think of as family too.



Things change as we get older we drift apart, not unlike our biological families and somehow with adjustments or happenstance some times we reconnect, and wow talk about catching up?



It is in this time of the year that I like to think that most all of my reconnects on Facebook with old childhood school chums and even neighbors from infancy and young adulthood of our first home…Thank you Facebook for all that!

It is a small miracle in so many ways how we seem to know what’s what in life and understand others who may or may have not had the same or similar life experiences but WOW it is so nice to know that they are still there, and to sadly find out some are no longer…



But without Facebook there is so much that I would never know, and again I say THANK YOU FACEBOOK for that.

Not to mention spreading that out to our relatives and even surprisingly one that I still have not met in person, my second cousin twice removed birthday twin, yes born on the same day and same year, wild, who knew?



Not me, until we met on good ole Facebook!



So as I continue to gush allow me to explain…

I hopefully just matched up two people, women as friends that I have known for over one hundred years collectively…The one gal is so long ago we were a year and half old when we met living across the street from one another back then and the other was a friend from our first adult Townhouse condo we owned, both in NJ, but over twenty years apart, nah make that 1952 and 1972, yep twenty!



They both are lucky enough to have grandchildren and more kids than we have, one has three boys/men and the other has two boys/men and two girls/women with a lovely crop of off-springs/grand-babies!



Talk about gushing about all those babes of their babes they are so truly lucky; oh how those Mommas do tell it all with PICS and all, just love it!



We should all be so blessed!



So these two women who have never met I recommended that they connect with so much in common and I heard back from one, the old neighbor from the 1970’s who already sent an additional request and I sure hope that it works…

Tis the season to be open, true?

On that note of hope and love and friendship and finding commonalities through many avenues, huh? Any-who, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all those overages with you know who and we will too!



And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: I'm all fired up and, will not take it anymore!

Speaking My Mind: I'm all fired up and, will not take it anymore! :   Have you ever gone to the emergency room of your local hospital an...