Sunday, November 30, 2014

Calming day...



NOT REALLY!

Hubby and I took on a project to clean our bedroom faux-wood PVC blinds that I had bought from JC Penney’s (They still sell them there, but their sale price is what the regular price was ten years ago, interesting, hmm?), when we renovated after Hurricane Charley caused the need.



To this day Hubby thought they were wood.

His blinds in his bath are oak but his are not in the shower, of course! My bath window is in my shower and so when it was replaced I had one of those old fashioned bubble glass ones installed.

The faux wood blinds are only in our bedrooms and the wooden valance that encompasses the windows on three sides that I had hand painted them years ago, vines in one room the guest, I call the garden room, and sponge stamped seashells in bronze in the master is also on them and in order to remove the blinds you must take the top valance off with a couple of screws.

I used to be able to do it all by myself but these days it is nice to have Hubby helping me. I wash the windows whenever we do the window treatments as we did do today. Sure I wash them in between but this is nicer getting the whole shebang done at once, ya know?



The sunroom has the white fabric accordion blinds with wooden valances that I handed painted blue, green and white stripes on them to give them an awning effect, Hubby had cut the wood in a scalloped design that we chose off the net way back then and the front living room picture window one has the white PVC verticals for its nine foot width with its own white valance; easy breezy styling simplistic to care for when living in a waterfront home.



I got it at a better price, a third less; when I bought two that I made meet in the middle with butting the valances together, and Ta Da; at the fraction of the cost.



The ones in the sun-room sadly had to be custom since the windows are not standard sizes.



They are next on my list of cleaning the house down to its bare bones!



And no, we are not expecting any large quantities of company, but you never know if some one stops by or if that might change? It’s nice when people stop by during the holidays…and to be prepared with treats for them to eat too.



Any-who, So even with just one load of wash we were both busy with this project with averaging thirty slats in each one that had to be individually cleaned, and some were replaced and two even needed restringing, but Hubby saved the extra slats we originally removed since they were only sold there for 36"X 64" for our windows that are 36" wide but only sixty inches long in the bedroom; so those extra ones that Hubby stored was a great idea.



All are back now for hours and look great, like new!


On that note to try each day to do something productive, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all those overages with you know who and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Last night we were again at the hospital for a lea...

Speaking My Mind: Last night we were again at the hospital for a lea... : ...This time Hubby decided to have it removed and see what happens...