Thursday, August 16, 2012

Receiving a note from the person in charge that gives the impression of leaving the door open...

Actually in the last couple of days I received two notes.
The first was from the director of the clinic very nicely stating that she felt that I shouldn’t have had to go through what I had and that I also must have found their confined space rather tight with all the clutter. The last part was consistent with her phone call about keeping all my information and contacting me once they are in their new location this fall.

The second note came in today. Hubby and I had had it with the people at the local health facility where I go about not getting back to us with information on the proper amount of the bill and what it was for at that price. And so late last week Hubby contacted Tallahassee and the main people of the state health department and he wanted to know what we should do, since we want to resolve this bill, and we felt that it was more than we had ever paid before at $130.40. The last statement came in and it included in it that at our last visit previous, in February, the one way before the May one, our bill was just $38.03. And Hubby told the Tallahassee people that, and so she said pay them that and when they see it they would perhaps return our call, since it wasn’t what they claimed what we owed them and perhaps it would get settled if they called back…. Well, the idea was not a bad one, but it didn’t work totally, it worked partially…Today, I received a note attached to a bill, updated with the amount I paid via a check subtracted from the so-called balance of now, $92.37. Basically it says that the person writing the note spoke with this other person and now their new nursing administrator will be contacting me with a final decision. They/we, I suppose they meant me too, are awaiting her response. Thank you, such and such the billing department person…GOOD GRIEF!
High finance, all I wanted to know is WHY was my bill so high this time when we have been paying full price for the last few years and it wasn’t this high ever before, since our income does not allow for any discounts!
Can no adults make a logical decision anymore to explain why something is what it is?
Lunacy is rampant, and I appear to awake it in my wake.
Some feel questions asked are stupid, but I am of the school that there are no stupid questions only stupid people who won’t answer them…curious minds and all that, true? This has been going on since May and it is now August!

Why our own sons would not be as bright as they are today if they didn’t ask questions and if we didn’t know the answers, which of course we don’t know everything, still learning (I hope), we told them to look it up. In those days it was in books called encyclopedias and or dictionaries, depending on what they needed to know, a bit archaic, but those were the days, dare I say with…no Internet, yet. Yes, we had computers and even modems, but not the Internet.

Nobody said that even retirement would be easy.
No one sold any of us a bill of goods, and I do know all that in theory.
But why do some days make you feel as if you are the bad guy when you just want to pay your fair share not a fee that is made up off the top of ones head…
All doctors usually write down what an office visit is for, gosh I have been going to enough of them.
Or they quote you a price for that comprehensive office visit; since I am uninsured I found this out. And my last neuro visit’s price was $60.40 in July, and I go there every six months. This is not a co-pay this is what Medicare would have been charged, or so I have been told by my neurologist, as well as my ophthalmologist. Anyway, it seemed fair and budgetable.

Now our power company is looking for an approved statewide increase in billing us. And so is our home-owner's insurance company, the fellow that did our inspection said he did not have access to our attic, perhaps because we don’t have an attic? The other inspector all those years ago found our hurricane straps/L brackets in the garage rafters which is fully exposed and he also took out a few of our soffits and saw them in there and this guy wouldn’t even go into the garage and ours is neat, since we can fit our car in it, and so today Hubby got on here and accessed a site for comparison of policy premiums called: http://challengemyrate.com/
And each company that popped up, Hubby Googled, as per my suggestion to find out if they were legit. Well, you cannot do a sweep on that so quickly but what did happen was he found their local brick and mortar locations in our two bordering counties, of Lee and Sarasota.
The extra mile you may want to go, with the attorney general for the state or with some other known honest agency to verify them… remember, as we all know when it sounds too good to be true; it usually is!

As everyone knows there are not too many things that are that sure in life, except for death and taxes, but the dates on each going down are anomalies and never ever that certain…hmm?

On that given notation by all the world… allow me to be the first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you to kindly count all your blessings and share all those overages and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Now it's just me with my wicked old brain doing th...

Speaking My Mind: Now it's just me with my wicked old brain doing th... : ...Muddled writing of this blog! Anywho... I have a relevant o...