Sunday, December 12, 2010

Again!

Once more we are heading towards brrr temperatures and no, we have not enjoyed the short cold snaps that kept on staccato-ing through the last few weeks.

But alas, here we go AGAIN!
The chill is in the air and is to your bones and when not used to these things as many long time southerners aren’t, even we transplants seem to find it too much for us to deal with; this is hideous weather for us.
Oddly enough as I write this my toolbar reads only sixty-one degrees!
And to most, anyone that is not bone chilling but I do believe it is incorrect or we are bloodless souls here in the Sunshine State because to me it is definitely freezing!
That is the outside temperature by the by… in the house it is in the seventy-six degree range, just lovely!
The humidity seems to add to that feeling when outdoors; cold or hot temperatures with humidity appears to cause more of an effect.

Today we stayed home and Hubby mowed the lawn, I know, with all this cold however did it grow, but it did here and there and needed a neatening up of all those bits of sticker uppers, as I boldly call them, which he did do.
Besides we have been periodically getting a bit of rain, not very much or for very long, but drizzle would be more accurate, really!
Water still has a tendency to make things grow though, you know?
I am a poet and I know it. LOL!

While Hubby did his manicuring of the lawn thingy I on the other hand did not do too much. I did take care of a bit of cleaning and changing the sheets and a load of wash too, but not very much really.
It saddens me that I won’t or can’t do more.
I did play some online dominoes which I do enjoy and lost and then reclaimed my dignity and won again.
Some agains are good, wouldn’t you say?

Again life tells us that we should be knowledgeable of how things go at this time of year, since it does come every year, correct? Then why do we seem more times than not to allow it to get us soooo stressed out?
Experience is supposed to teach us, and that is why this again confuses me, does it do it to you too?
Hustle and bustle of the season they say… here we go again with ‘they’, please let me know, if you do, who ‘they’ are? LOL!
Shouldn’t logically by now we all know that tis the season is here and now that we should not be soooo surprised by what we must accomplish to make it all go smoothly?
Oh yes, it is possible.
We are capable human beings with logical minds and simplicity and lists are the way we handle things at other times of the year, what makes this time soooo different?
Deadlines in many types of jobs are not unusual, reports, proposals or whatever’s need to be done by a certain time, same with homework for those kiddies to relate to all of this.
We are accomplishers tried and true and so…STOP being concerned and take a deep breath and you know that YOU will get it all done!
You HEAR ME?
Now breathe again…
And smile and tell yourself you are a wonderful capable person who can do whatever you set your mind to, got that?


LET US ALL PRAY THAT I AM RIGHT! LOL!

On that consoling silliness but done with love in my heart and soul, happy night to all and to all count those blessings and share those overages and we will too!

And next time be here or be square, OK?

PS please ask those weather angels to turn up the HEAT!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Logo... screaming redhead logo at computer with gl...

Speaking My Mind: Logo... screaming redhead logo at computer with gl... :   The picture above is not totally accurate because I take my glas...