Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear friends and family members...

We live in a depressed area of the country and I truly feel whether or not I was ill I would not be doing too much anyway!
For locally there is not much to do at this time of year.
Once the ‘Snowbirds’ arrive back the events people seem to organize more festive like happenings to go to.
Both Hubby and I cannot go too far distance wise in a vehicle without having major issues with our bodily parts, and yes, he is a disabled deputy, and so I am not alone in the reasoning of the whys.
I keep hearing from people who want me to live my life to the fullest and somehow I don’t want to think or maybe I should think they think I am just biding my time here and OMG waiting for the grim reaper?
Well, as you all know I do have those moments but they do pass! And the answer to such a ridiculous accusation is an infinite NO!
Far as access to the help I need I was a volunteer and trained to write grants, teach a class on self help and acquacize as well as a co-president of my support group, not to mention a board member, fund raiser and volunteer of the year! And I was fortunate to know all different organizations to contact if need be, since I used to help others do that!
Most training was along side the state health department and was considered CEU’s. (Continuing education credits)
I have been in physical therapy, occupational therapy and neuromuscular massage therapy fourteen different times over that many years!
I am seen professionally now every two months by my neurologist and I am on seven different types of prescription medications including my daily injections of Copaxone and my 60mg. of Baclofen for spasms related to the MS.
So far my IV infusions have not worked for my Optic Neuritis which I still have until my right eye sight comes back or not since it also has those annoying cataracts, three now most likely caused by the infusions!
According to the EDSS testing, I should be in an awful situation far as the Multiple Sclerosis goes since I fall into the 7.0 to 8.0 scale for their criteria, and as one of the other MS people on Facebook and this test says a score of 10 is dead. Let’s put it this way I know my limitations. Below is the link just copy and paste.
http://ms.about.com/od/multiplesclerosis101/a/ms_edss.htm

And so all things considering I guess I am doing pretty well, and I will always take all your good intentions under advisement, and thank you.

Anywho, I didn’t really want to go this route tonight… because it’s the idiom of beating the dead horse …AGAIN! So sorry folks!

But some times I suppose my readership needs a refresher course on Tobi’s ills? LOL!

Moving on…
Have any of you been watching the new show ‘The Nate Berkus Show’? He’s that cute decorator that used to appear on Oprah, well he has his own show now that comes in on my ABC Tampa Bay channel, great low cost ideas for changing up your homes furnishings, organizing, trash and treasure conversions, making the most of small spaces and the like. Tomorrow he is actually dumpster diving and creating useful things out of other people throw away junk! Cool show and economically cost effective, not to mention extremely creative and green! He loves to use color, which I am famous for adding in too, a pop here or there makes any room happier! (I did have a few semesters of interior design too)
In my opinion he’s a hit!

On that nice note of more positive ideas I will wish you a very happy night and to all count those blessings and we will too!

PS I do not do chain emails since when I did years ago I got yelled at by some who received them, and so if you send them I will not forward them, OK? I don’t forward many things since I know to whomever they go some get angry and so I do not do that anymore, just a policy I devised to make life less stressful for them and me!

1 comment:

Ms Andisue said...

Good post Tobi. And I loved reading about all your past accomplishments. Sounds to me like you're doing quite all right - at least in the attitude department.
And IMHO that's 90% of the battle.

I caught the Nate B. show once and he is just adorable. If you know his back-story, he lost his life partner in the Tsunami a few years ago and almost died there himself. It's good to see him alive and successful.

Speaking My Mind: My motorized wheelchair needs a new battery...

Speaking My Mind: My motorized wheelchair needs a new battery... :   ...Hubby found out Medicare will pay for it. Hubby thinks I need a new ...