Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Steroid Free!

Yes! Spoke with my neurologist yesterday as I believe I told you all last night and if the glucose level went back up to a dangerously high one then I should stop the step down pills, and so they did make my glucose go up and for me to need an additional insulin shot and so as of late last night I am no longer on the, ‘cure’!
But supposedly the three days of the IV infusions of the 1000 MG. of the Solu-Medrol should be enough anyway to help with my optic neuritis if we caught in time, and hopefully make me better. But I won’t know for some time yet…

Meanwhile I have been receiving many caring phone calls all day saying that they have information for me or just wondering how I was doing!
Nice. I also had the privilege to share my networking ability of all the resources that I had acquired while searching to help myself and that made me feel very happy.

I am still not seeing any better out of my right eye and lefty has been misbehaving too, and scaring the bejeebers out of me. And I really don’t know why I have been sort of dizzy most of the day; could it be withdrawal from the heavy steroid treatment or something else? I did feel the need to nap again, and that childish leisurely habit seems to becoming all too familiar these last few days.
Well when your life is not that exciting I possibly could become tired just from the boredom of it all?

My senses are not being utilized for what they were intended, to be used without stopping!
I can still hear and smell things fairly well and unfortunately (I am saying unfortunately only because my appetite has not diminished at all!) taste things too since the metallic residual sensation has diminished somewhat, but my eyesight is definitely impaired and staring at a TV or computer screen is slightly challenging and if done for too long a bit painful!
The balance issue which I have had for a few years now due to the Ataxia seems to have become much worse as of today! I really do hope it is just temporary, but with my vision impaired as it is perhaps that is one of its reasons for its amplification or of my perceiving it to being that way. You close your eyes and try to move normally!

Also my body temperature appears to fluctuate constantly, from being too warm to too cold, and back again and again, how odd?
As I said I did go off the steroids and perhaps this is just the way a cut off quickly reacts to ones body, since previously it was done slowly and I do not recall this happening; nope it did not!

In fact as I sit tonight at this computer I am perspiring and our house is the same temperature that it was last night when I did not have this problem…Ah withdrawal, gotta be!
Well, at least I am not going manic or some other lunatic type reaction, whoa, what a thought, but I have heard of such things and I am sure you have too?
I don’t care what anyone says drugs are drugs even if prescribed by doctors.
And right now physically my ability to sit here unencumbered by pain is not that great, and so I will most likely be calling it quits very shortly!
Sorry, but I have to listen to my body and it’s crying a great big OUCH!
Happy night to all and to all count your blessings and I will too!
And, a BIG Thanks for being there folks; I do REALLY appreciate it!

PS Hubby has become my male nurse with administering the insulin shots when I needed them and also taking my vitals, BP pulse and temperature too what a guy! Thanks to him I am running on awareness!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: OUCH!

Speaking My Mind: OUCH! :     For some reason I am having stomach pains, considering I no longer have a stomach, just a small pouch, it is q...