Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Respect, repeat and welcome...

Have you ever known about someone that you read a biography of when you were just a child yourself, perhaps one that you weren’t yet told to take on because it was not in the realm of your issuance of homework? But for some reason you felt the desire to read that particular true story because the synopsis that was given to you intrigued you so much that you in your immaturity at the time became lesser due to the need to know?
For me it was the book the Miracle Worker about Helen Keller and Annie Sullivan, her teacher.
As you all must know that Helen was an amazing woman stricken by a severe fever causing her, as an infant to become deaf and blind all in one foul swoop!
Helen becomes a wild child with no way to communicate, but Annie Sullivan tames and teaches the small extraordinarily strong banshee into an educated remarkable woman.
In the 1962 version of the movie Patty Duke played Helen and Anne Bancroft played Miss Sullivan. It was one of those stories that came in play form and so I read it that way, and it was wonderful and amazing to my twelve year old self; later on when I did get to see the movie with my father, which in itself was unusual since he worked so hard and so he really didn’t have the time to do it, but wow, what an impression the story made on me!
We are so impressionable at that young age anyway, but the resilience and perseverance of the whole story was overwhelming!
I do hope that today children are told to read the true story that resonance is unfailing and timeless!
The times we live in now are so hard for many or that should be most, but knowing that we as human beings have the ability to deal with anything tough and come out of the other end with amazing grace is a story of biblical quality, but so apropos for the times we all live in now.

So besides when things get difficult for me with my own ills I try to think of how much worse they could be, and at times they had been. I won’t elaborate on that tonight but believe me things have been much, much worse for me…the best part is to know as I have said before and what my father used to say is: it is always darkest before the dawn and when you have reached the bottom all you can do from there is go up!
And so when we all know of someone who we admire for their unrelenting gumption to succeed no matter what, and Helen was that person for me, my heroine!
And oddly enough I had nothing going on in my life to relate to her personal ordeals when I was a child, except the average trials and tribulations of growing up that we all go through…but now and perhaps for the last few decades as well I do go back to that tremendous story of her survival and it lifts me up to knowing that I too can endure so much more!

Moving on…I am again taking a big step in my voicing of my political opinion and really don’t want hate to follow what I call my logical spilling of my feelings…
Any-who, I am a strong believer in America and I am proud to be called an American and with that moniker goes all the freedoms that have been fought for us such as the freedom of speech, freedom of religion and you got it… I suppose you all know where I am going with this…yes, freedom to worship in a building of your faith.
As I have mentioned before in just our immediate family we have Lutheran, Catholic and Judaism as religions and so I am one of those people who feel the need for all people’s to have the freedom of being a law abiding worshipper of your chosen faith, including Muslim.
These people who are building a Mosque are not building a battleground and they are not the militant ones who bombed the Twin Towers, or flew into the Pentagon, or crashed the PA plane. They are Americans too with all the rights that we Americans share. Why have we all forgotten that we are a melting pot, and that many of our own personal ancestors came here because of religious persecution and the inability to practice their solemn beliefs?
I love our country mainly because of our history that was all inclusive not limiting to just, you or you, or you the way you think or believe; have we all forgotten?
I sure hope not!
Please dear fellow Americans understand that is what our president is saying, he is upholding out true American laws and beliefs!
Check your history books or ask your family about why they immigrated here.

If anyone is still reading now I will give you a short update of my condition if I have not lost you: My eyesight has not improved. I am still very tired but my headache and neck ache has diminishing significantly from yesterday, but still dull pain accompanies me throughout my day today when I least needed or wanted it. And I have been hopping in and out of bed to rest when I can.

The last part of my dissertation for tonight is, and I hope I have not scared her off since I am so proud to see that I have been fortunate enough in acquiring another follower! Welcome dear new person I will try hard not to bore you, but for what the cost is of all this entertainment … all that is going through this small withering mind of mine is… you get what you pay for! LOL!
Truly you are so welcomed onboard this lunacy ride of mine!
And I do hope that I never ever turn you off…

Happy night to all and to all count those blessings and we will too!

PS END OF COMBAT IN IRAQ!

PSS My spell check again is not working and since my eyes are compromised with my brain intellect as well, please forgive all grammar and spelling mistakes!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: OUCH!

Speaking My Mind: OUCH! :     For some reason I am having stomach pains, considering I no longer have a stomach, just a small pouch, it is q...