Saturday, August 21, 2010

I hope you like the new me?

We all need a change now and then, right?
You betcha and so I decided when I saw the app to use one of the many new choices that Google seems to have available, I said to myself, self that this old gal just had to try one!
And so I chose the watermark one from a web designer from Switzerland. And I figure to test drive it for a while and see how it goes, because there are a whole bunch more to chose from if I change my girlie mind. Women do have that ability to change it, and for that matter so do men.
Actually, it didn’t take very long at all for me to find the real new me.

In fact I have been thinking about some more changes in my life in this techno world.
That is as soon as I can figure out just how to do it.
You see; although I have been using these computer things for decades; who really does know how they work, do you?
Sure you do, doesn’t everyone who uses them?
No, and I would be lying if I said I did.
Why I even admitted to a very savvy techno thirty-something professional woman that I compared my use of the computer to my use of the telephone, and I meant landline that I don’t know how that works either but I can use that too!
If the almighty felt the need for us all to know how things worked he would have sent us to computer technologies schools, right?

Most of the gadgets were made with the inept in mind as a tool to make their lives easier, being poor not too bright souls with limitations; anyway, not to turn them into some outsource techno geniuses!
And that’s another thing…aren’t any Americans capable of handling our lamebrain calls for assistance on our glitches on these things; other than these brilliant people who always answer in some burner room on an island somewhere or in their native land?
I do know I am on to something here about that last comment and I also know that it is NOT politically INCORRECT; if so why would they be dedicating an entire half hour of TV to a comedy based on that topic and named just that, ‘Outsourced’?

Come on folks we all know as much as we love this country called America we are falling behind in our children’s education as well as almost everything else.
Blasphemy you say!
Nah, the truth, we are so negligent on educating our young that many aren’t even graduating from high school anymore.
Something’s gotta give, folks.
In all honesty we all know this.
And we are more ashamed of our downfalls than most, but we must do something to change it.
There are third world countries with better educations, health care, less hunger and the way they treat their elderly around the world is beyond belief and much more compassionate than us I am so sad to say.
But we Americans are resourceful and in our history we have risen above most of our failings and I believe we will in these cases too!

Moving on…Any-who-
Gosh, Hubby wanted me to hitch on to this mud racking lunacy called our state elections with my noble opinion, but I admitted that I am not as well versed as I really should be.
It’s not altogether my fault though; do you know when you register as a non-partisan voter no one bothers you with phone calls or literature piling up in you round file on the floor?
Well, they don’t and that’s one of the many reasons we both switched years ago, we really didn’t want any of that! And in Florida we can’t even vote in the primaries unless it is on a particular issue, apparently nothing important was on the early voting ballot since we haven’t even receive that!
The only honest commentary I could give you is my opinion on the ridiculous TV commercials and all that historical mudslinging that appears to never ever waiver, you know?
But yes that is just it, we all know and so anything I said would just be redundant.
You know Hubby and I have heard many others say this too we all should demand a, 'none of the above’ line on those ballots!
Sooner or later they might all stop shouting long enough to notice, we are as mad as hell and don’t want to take it anymore!
Huh?
Where have I heard that before that movie, ‘Network’?
And basically wasn’t that what the flight attendant, Steven Slater was saying, enough is enough!
Can’t we all just be civil?
We all want the same things I think…

On that note of a wistful huh, let’s wish you all a very happy good night to all and to all count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that...

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that... : ...my kidneys are fine! So are, my liver, and pancreas I don't have a gallbladder anymore, surg...