Thursday, June 24, 2010

We are capped again!

But according to the powers that be it will be doing some hard work for a while until the relief wells will be completed in August they are saying, but who really knows….

Claims offices are popping up all over our state; in case you have lost track I am in Florida.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars are being spent in our area for a tourism campaign showing how pristine our beaches are here in southwest Florida, since everyone is hurting due to national miss-information abounding!

If I wasn’t living here I too might be confused just where the oil globs were washing up onshore.
I don’t know how the national news could be so inaccurate, or horribly not knowledgeable?
Or maybe people are just geographically challenged?

Here it is still just beautiful far as oil slick goes, there is none!
I spent a good part of the afternoon in our pool, and the earlier morning weeding some of the gardens before Hubby awoke, cooler then, mid seventies.
He mowed our lawn earlier than usual due to this horrendous heat we have been having.
And so I actually went into the pool late for me after lunch until one thirty.
Then showered and changed being still rather cool from the pool then the shower and my hair still wet from shampooing.
That’s why I must admit that when Hubby came inside and asked me what was wrong with the air-conditioner I was surprised to learn that it had gotten up to eighty-eight in the house!
Yikes! That is so unlike me, I’m usually way too hot except when in the pool or in air-conditioning set on or around seventy-seven or eight degrees.
For some reason I didn’t feel that hot, must have been my wet head?
But I don’t really know.

Hubby was quick to diagnose the problem as a relay on the outside part of the unit, but we still had to call a professional and so he called the ones who gave us the free check up/out this past February.
We always inquire on price and he did this time as well, it was ninety dollars for the house-call plus parts; thank heavens for our small emergency fund that seems monthly to get even smaller, since the final bill when all was said and done and fixed, by the way, was one hundred and ninety dollars! Yep, that relay was one hundred bucks! PS it was a very reputable air-conditioning company, who is nationally known.

Timing is everything, and wouldn’t you know that this weekend is the first time in like six months that we are having company coming over for a barbecue, and of course the weather report is for possible showers and heat out the wazoo! So not having air-conditioning would have just added to the ambiance in a very negative way! Could you imagine? And I think in this state, the state of FLORIDA, I think it’s against the LAW not to have air-conditioning in your home! (Wink, but really it should be!)
Any-who, your body temperature when you have MS, is very sensitive to any slight fluctuations too, and that’s why I am still baffled why I didn’t react to our home’s heat, that’s so unlike me?
But lately I have been running cooler and I also have no idea why that is either.
Could be hormonal?
But isn’t that usually hotter?

Well, that’s going to make me worry again, and you know me that’s not a good thing and badger you all with my assuming this or that.
Now I think would be a good time to say good night to you all and to all count those blessings and we will too!

PS So sorry if my graphic thoughts on what the oil globules look like to me insulted anyone’s sensibilities!
PSS please excuse my redundancy!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...