Monday, May 31, 2010

Emails, swimming and relaxing...

Our lives were very laid back today!
Most would have enjoyed this way of life at any time.
I awoke late for me, at seven thirty and read my emails the newspaper and examined Facebook while having that always welcomed morning coffee, my only one for the day!
Then the pool was on the agenda and we all did splash in, Hubby and Skipper too this morning! It was a revitalizing joy for us.

My cousin doesn’t scare easy I have found out! Thank heavens! And she did have the where with all to respond within hours of my return email.
Since I have found family to be so refreshing, although at times irritating at this stage in life!
Arguably, we all need that connection.
Have it be us knowing our roots or whatever?
People from every walk of life need to know where they came from and where they went or maybe even where they are going.
Systematically we humans have a nosey bone in our bodies.
Which amounts to curiosity that causes us to question people we care about but some take offense by too many questions when others are forthcoming with lots of info!
There is a fine line of where to start and when to or where to stop.
And this gal has been unable to know when it is enough in those circumstances.

I just wrote back again to my new found Cous and hope that we continue this Nuevo relationship for a long time, and that I don’t screw it up!

Moving on… meanwhile back at the oil leak nothing is working and no one knows what to do! Scary as all get out! The latest is an idea to try another cone topper that while in the process may allow another twenty per cent of oil to leak out while being done.
You know world this is not good!
The environmental damage is extensive already and promises to be only to get much, much worse.

Unfortunately, the tourist industry is taking a tremendously hazardously hit without reasoning here in Florida where people have been misinformed about our waters….

LISTEN AGAIN FOLKS “NO OIL HERE ON OUR BEACHES!!!!!”

Our local news casters here are as frustrated, you can hear it in their voices as well as seeing it in their faces when they repeat that above lament to the public.
If we could only have the out of state media tell the people too!
Our people here already know that.

Let’s just hope that by the time they do understand our message that it’s not too late and it does get here, the oil that is…

On that scary thought I will wish you all a very good night and to all count those blessings and we will too!
PS Hope your holiday was safe and peaceful too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Logo... screaming redhead logo at computer with gl...

Speaking My Mind: Logo... screaming redhead logo at computer with gl... :   The picture above is not totally accurate because I take my glas...