Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bold moves, great weather and strange ...

My title tonight is a bit intriguing?
My bold move was contacting a family member, a first cousin that I probably haven’t spoken with in over thirty years!
It was a wee bit scary but also a welcomed relief to make that contact with another person who has been enduring what I have been learning to deal with in recent years, MS.
Yes, my female cousin has had it for thirty-five years, since 1975.
To be fair we were never that close as children since she is a few years older than me, and for some reason I seemed to gravitate towards my boy cousins, why, who knows but I did.
The best part of making contact at this late date was the fact that we are both much older and mothers and it appears we have more in common than we ever did as children.
I found her on Facebook and we will now I suspect become email pen pals, but it seems that I have a problem of divulging too much information too soon when I do reach out to the old most memorable people in my past life.
To be honest I more than likely overwhelm people with a genuine thinking that I must tell all that has happened in those twenty, thirty or forty years that we had been apart in my first written back email!
And so this time I will try to be more diligent and thoughtful before I answer this particular person for I don’t want to scare her off too.

You see, I do write the way I tend to talk, motor mouth is an understatement when speaking to anyone, but you all know that since you have been reading this for some time now, right? No surprises here.
If I play my cards right I could learn a lot from all that she has been through, she could be my guide or mentor, so to speak. Although this illness is a bit different for each one of us who deals with it daily and there are four different kinds.
But who knows, perhaps we could just compare experiences and commiserate?

I must admit there is no complaining about our weather here in southwest Florida; it was picture perfect again as usual!
And so I made my way into the pool early and enjoyed at least an hours worth of ROM.

The strange part is that unfortunately I did not sleep well last night, and my body has been disloyal to me in the respect that the exercise program doesn’t seem to be working in a positive way.
For the problem of numbness and stiffness has moved into my arms as well as my whole of my legs now, and to tell the truth I am getting a wee bit frightened by that.

Hopefully, I will be approved for the new injectable medication and I will not have so many relapses which appear to be a daily event now, and I have taken to using the walker inside now too, no more furniture walking for tonight.
As I said the application went in last Monday and they said they would respond in two to four weeks.

Hubby barbecued a great dinner tonight and we both enjoyed it immensely!
I figured it out… barbecuing and reading lower the electric bill!

While you try to figure out my cryptic above message I will bid you all a very good night and to all count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know!

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know! :   The presidential candidates are tied!   New Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows why Biden-Trump rematch is st...