Saturday, January 17, 2009

This morning was interesting...

We both awoke late, me at 8:38 A.M., for me, that's like waking up at noon, and hubby wasn't up until nearly a quarter to ten!
I did check on him a few times and he was breathing; so I left well enough alone.
Any-who I decided I would make a dandy breakfast of homemade pancakes; sounds fattening you say, nah, not with skim and a special low cholesterol super Omega 3 egg and sugar substitute, and of course butter buds and sugar free syrup to top them off.
As we were eating we noticed every so slightly peripherally movement out of the corners of our eyes directly behind us. I had opened all the waffle-shades in the sunroom since this time we could utilize the warmth that opening them up would give; it had been rather cold over night, in the forties, even then it was still in the fifties outside, brrr.
The motion was not an absolute and neither of us were sure, there were a few blind spots between each of the nearly four by five foot windows, but at the door to the left of them it was evident we did sense something was there and sure enough there; and yes, he was big gray, leggy and powerful. Almost the size of the yellow, Big Bird of Sesame Street fame and that would not be too much of an exaggeration, our murdering, kidnapping, thief had returned for another victim!
He was stealth in his movements, he could not be heard, but oh yes he definitely could be seen and seen he was and chased he was too! And took off like the coward we knew he really was. Only thing is we are not sure if the netting would have worked since we did not give him a chance to try it. Laughingly, we must have scared him off pretty darn good for we did not see hide or hair, better change that to say feather or bill of him for the rest of today, thankfully.

Hubby continued tiling and is nearly done as I write this he is still working to get that tile part done so grouting can be accomplished tomorrow.

While my darling was busy working on that all day, no wonder he’s been so tired lately.
Anyway, I worked on getting our taxes done online, electronically.
We hit a glitch and of course the number I need to contact is closed till Monday so now that is on hold, darn. I do love getting those refunds early.

In between I read my Marley & Me book it is hard to put down, but I did for the taxes and then again to prepare meals, clean and straighten up.

Didn’t watch or hear much TV today, and the fact that we are still here is a relief, because with being out of touch with the news makes me concerned about what is going on as you do know, knowledge is power, which is another wonderful quote this time from Sir Francis Bacon.
And do you know that one about, Ignorance being bliss, well, while checking that I remembered who’s quote the “knowledge is power” was from I looked up the Ignorance one, and the actual quote is: “where ignorance is bliss,tis foley to be wise Thomas Gray...but ignorance is not bliss -- ignorance is ignorance." How about that? Isn’t that interesting to know the whole quote?
Good night to all and to all have a pleasant warm and cuddly one.

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Know what?

Speaking My Mind: Know what? :   I'm not adding fuel to the fire Netanyahu has!  Bing Videos An airstrike kills 20 in central Gaza and f...