Friday, January 16, 2009

Not so historical, fairly so far hysterical and something else...

Last night when our exiting President Bush gave his farewell address he was upstaged by the Miracle in the Hudson River, no one appeared to be really listening with that occurring a mere four and half hours before, which was amazing. It is rather eye opening that a man who will go down in history as arriving to his position on the wings of controversy is leaving with barely a whimper of the fell of a feather.

Now don't laugh or OK go ahead and laugh its good for us; I'm reading "Marley & Me", by John Grogan, and anyone who has had pets or raised a family can well relate to the trials and tribulations of such major life changing tasks. It has made me laugh out loud and weep into tears; it is pretty powerful for something that I never gave much real credence to thinking it would be a silly, little quick read that was how I approached this literary heartfelt reality trip and what a joyful surprise I have been having.

Sadness befell us too today when the first time in nearly five years we had one of our pond fish brutally attacked, plucked and flown away by a Great Blue Heron and eaten blatantly across the canal from us; in all this time it is the first time that any of our waterfowl have found the actual fish in our pond.
We have a remedy though, we hope, of the possibility of it ever happening again by placing the netting we had in waiting for such an occasion, which we sincerely felt would not occur. It is similar to fishing net, but made for this purpose, and we did use it once before but the bird that got caught in it, which we fortunately were able to release without harm made us have second thoughts about using it.
Three times today alone that heron has come back; I guess he had good eats, oh that is just so awful! Sorry, I am delirious with grief and shock.
But even though I do consider our pond fish pets we all have to admit they are not soft or cuddly or even able to utter communications like our bird, cat, and dog, true, true?
So since the lilies die back in this season and the pond is fully exposed the net will stay and hopefully it will do exactly what it is suppose to do, deter another such attack!

Update on the tile tub surround: tile almost completed on all three sides and looking great!

I am tapped out tonight with anymore coherent thoughts of satisfaction to utter, and so I will wish you all a good night and to all keep an eye out for the unexpected.

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Interesting turn of events!

Speaking My Mind: Interesting turn of events! :   It turns out that I do not need anyone to take care of my pressure ulcer of the sacral reg...