Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And the winner is...

Ralph Nader...KIDDING!
In reality...
Presenting President elect Barack Obama!
Doesn’t that sound comfortably great and oh so right?
Finally and fortunately for all us Americans being of good character, calm in emotional situations, extremely intelligent is all back in fashion and the criteria for our newest go to guy.
Yes, it was official last night at 11P.M. EST on November 4.2008 that history was made and we went back to a choice of stability of judgment, hope and an attitude of yes we can!

Senator McCain’s Concession speech was quite gracious, and I would be amiss not to mention that; to be honest if he spoke that way on the campaign trail things may have been different for him in my opinion.

And as far as our president elect’s acceptance speech was it was eloquent and the culmination of all that was promised to become his term’s expectations amplified. Wow what a concise hopeful pledge to make the change we are all looking forward to and that we must all help to accomplish. Heaven knows this is the worse mess left by an incumbent in a very, very long time. A half million or more crowded into Grant Park in Chicago and waited to hear this dynamic man tell us in his own words that our votes were right and just.

The world was watching and thrilled that our choice was apparently the one they agreed with too.
Again we will recapture our positive relationship with our allies, and make our enemies realize we mean business.

Tears of happiness were shed from coast to coast by African Americans all thinking of the famous speech of the great man Reverend Martin Luther Kings’ speech of August 28.1963: “I have a dream”. All agreed that this election made that speech come to fruition.
Not one American from any race could state when thinking of that day that it wasn’t true, and many, me included, could keep dry eyes either.
Never too late comes to mind, but of course it was; it should have happened more than a century ago after Lincoln freed the slaves would have been right.

We as Americans have so much to be grateful for that this was the least painful election night in the last decade.
Our future president was elected absolutely by the Electoral College with 338 of the 270 votes needed all by 11 P.M. EST, but when all was said and done the actual count was 349 electoral votes, and our 44th president of the United States of America became an African American for the very first time in history.

Good night to all and to all I am very tired. I stayed up late too to get the scoop.

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My kidney CT showed that I was fine I decided I co...

Speaking My Mind: My kidney CT showed that I was fine I decided I co... :   However, the urology doctor's office insisted that the docto...