Friday, January 18, 2019

Vultures! Mystery solved!

My email to our county extension:



Vultures have been hanging around our canal on the Elkam waterway for the last few weeks, odd. And in all the decades that we have lived here this is the first time that I can recall this oddity occurring. As far as we can see there are no dead animals or dead fish in our Port Charlotte canal.
They land on our roof, trees and fly very close to our little ten pound Morkie that is quite alive and MOVING! I keep a stick nearby to chase them!



What would cause this behavior?
 
Or is this a scary BIG BIRD movie, compared to a smaller crow "bird" one?




Not funny to me!
 
Hope to hear from you soon to clear up this mystery!
 
If you do not know perhaps someone else might?
 
Thanking you in advance,

Me

Answer:

"We’ve had that same issue at our office. They were hanging out by our lake very close to the main road and entrance. I think we determined they’re nesting. Here is all the information I could find from FWC.  I see there is a phone number to contact them."


TA da!

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!


No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Dancing as fast as I can and,...

Speaking My Mind: Dancing as fast as I can and,... :   AI rendition below... Regrettably, it's not as swift as it once was. With all the...