Thursday, June 6, 2024

Today is all and only me!

 


I gave up the ads for this site years ago...due to their content which I did not agree with at the time... who knows if today's ads are any different... they were the way you developed a pay scale for your work. You see Google doesn't pay anyone the commercials generate the money for you to get paid. It's not dissimilar to some, perhaps all... (I am not privy to that info) TV stations with the actors on shows.

They were very one-sided religious-wise, i.e. ads, so my annoyance with them got the better of me when I asked for those particular ones to be removed they would put up another, and at times it would get even more so in that unwanted direction! 

So I metaphorically threw out the baby with the bathwater! I never generated any income... My other concern was since I was retired the income from any of this would cause a tax nightmare that as a disabled person mainly doing this daily routine of trying to maintain my sanity would play havoc that I could only imagine... breaking even with our yearly taxes is somehow relaxing to me and Hubby.

Not too long ago I requested a retry of having that additional income when Hubby was so ill, diagnosed with cancer... I was concerned we would need that money for his illness... instead we qualified for them to pay the whole thing due to our lower income for his expensive medication being covered by the manufacturer!

Who says, "BIG PHARMA" doesn't care, sometimes they do! However, someone pointed out they still bill our insurance and are just paying the co-pay which goes back to them too!

Oh, well,... it's the thought that counts!

Fast forward to my ills, Multiple sclerosis, which is the original reason I started this blog since stomach issues due to no stomach having nearly a four-hour robotic stomach by-pass surgery in 2022, and an apparent stroke just this April, where they administered clot-busting medication acronym of TNK, Tenecteplase, and incomplete paraplegia ... and the issue is my writing content has faltered according to the people who decide these things, i.e. ads,... It is true on the days I feel not so great you have probably noticed I add in more hotkeys for you to see...and lately they are way too often, so I agree!

Dilemma!

Many horrible truthful things have been said about this site by the decision team whether I get the ads or not..., which hurt my heart.

Again, I agree with their assessment, so my status quo will continue.

Let's face it my energy level has gone down... and some days it is decimated, but even so, I try to write something.

I have even missed a few days when hospitalized. I cannot write on my phone, others can and for most reasons, I am out of commission! And even though Hubby wants to bring into the hospital my laptop/IdeaPad I tell him no,... for when I was given the clot-busting medication I was in the ICU. I had no desire to do any of that while there.

I realize these are all excuses, but they mean I am only as human as you are too...!

Allow me to introduce you to the crew...

Lastly, moving on to who they are, our crew...
3 months, and ...now 6!


   
Aussie, say good day!

I am Aussie, not from Australia, but American-made. 
I will comply because it is fun and say good day!

I am called Aussie because my mom asked a sixteen-year-old girl looking at me in the crate I was in at the adoption site that day what she thought I should be named. Mom asked her age, but not her name... ha! And without hesitation, the teenager had said Aussie! By the way, she was just looking, so my mom did not steal me from her.
We never found out the girl's name; mom liked Aussie too. Since then, we have discovered that it is a ubiquitous name, but it is still just right for me! My parents think that I am uncommon, even say unique! I do like that.
I am an Australian Shepherd, a red Merl. And here is an interesting factoid about me: I was supposed to be a miniature Australian Shepherd, but as you might know, I AM NOT! I am a standard Australian Shepherd! Although I am now six years old, I am the baby, though I am the largest of the fur babies, and due to my breed and being standard, I am just right, ha! 
I was three months old when Mommy and Daddy adopted me. I had been taken- out of a hoarder's home in the Carolinas with my litter. 
Above is my PIC, taken on the birthday I share with my dad, but dad is much older than me!!! I was the first to be adopted, on February 16, 2018, on Dad's brother's birthday.
No tail/tale publishing, circa 2018.
Get it? I was born without a tail, preferable for all Australian Shepherds; only one out of five are born that way!

                                           

Hello, I am Bella, in the picture above, a Maltese Yorkie, a Morkie. I might be ten years old. We are all rescues, so no one knows our ages for sure. I am the middle child, so I am what you would expect, with all those idiosyncrasies accompanying that! Being the only girl has its rewards as well as its difficulties. 
I was turned in by my previous family, stating that I was misbehaving with their elderly dog it had been said that I was driving him crazy! I was the second to be adopted, on 8/18/18 on clear out the shelters' day!
My record called me Belle, so for no known reason, Mom decided I was more of a Bella, beautiful either way!




Hey, wait! Please don't forget me! I am Chance, pictured above, a Bichon Frise! I am 12-ish years old, so they think, and the eldest, and I like getting up early with mom and Aussie. Bella sleeps late with Dad, till after seven most days, even later sometimes! 

I enjoy a good tug-a-war on the ropes Dad had twisted for Aussie and me, and sometimes even Bella plays, too! I was the last to be adopted on January 23, 2020. 

I had been wandering the neighborhood for days, and then I saw Aussie and Bella in their living room window, so I hung out there... 

The animal control lady had been called and came out to see if I had a chip I.D. with her machine, and Dad told her that he wanted to name me Chance. His reason is that if no one claimed me, "I want to give him a second chance!" So that is how I got the name Chance!

The Animal Welfare League checked me out and kept me for sixteen

days until I was allowed to be adopted. Good evening.

Easy as Aussie, Bella, and Chance, now you got it! In order of adoption!


1 comment:

Speaking My Mind: OMG we were so LUCKY in comparison to so many!

Speaking My Mind: OMG we were so LUCKY in comparison to so many! :   Many were not so lucky! Hurricane Helene leaves dozens dead, and millio...