Thursday, July 26, 2018

Flashing, flashing, flashing goes the cursor.

Geez, I am old enough to remember when the word "cursor", meant you (not me, never...ha! then no, now yes.) used foul language; ha!
And flashing was something that deviates did in parks; dump bump bum!

Staring at that thing (the cursor) flashing, moving in and out, makes me anxious at times.
Just knowing that like a trained seal it's time for me to perform!
My own world order, self imposed.
You see, I am self employed at this pay-less job that I bestowed upon myself.
Time marches on and so must I...
As I wasted yours and my time talking/writing about nonsense a topic, make that a few topics came into this wee brain of mine, and that calls for a hip, hip hooray!

Here's one...idea topic that is... I have been watching a highly recommended series, by moi,  from Australia on Netflix called Offspring, binge watching it in fact, seven seasons so far... 2010 to 2017 three shows left for me, yep sadly almost done, and according to what I gleaned from my online inquiries it is not quite clear if they have been picked up for an eighth series, as they call it. I have literally felt every emotion you can think of from laughing to crying and everything in between! With just the right dosages of smarts in an off beat quirky family life and it is rightly so classified as a dramedy, comedy-drama. Try it, I think you might like it, especially if you are not a prude! Live a little! One of those shows you wish would go on forever!

Ah another idea topic: I made homemade chicken soup today from that rotisserie chicken with two packets of no sodium chicken bouillon, thyme, garlic, one small onion chopped, several baby carrots chopped into bite sized pieces, three celery stalks also chopped, rosemary, sage, covered all with water in the pressure cooker for two hours after it comes to a steady jiggle. Separately cook wide no egg noodles, added in at the end topped off with Kosher salt and pepper to taste, add more chicken bouillon and another cup of water if needing more liquid.

I saw my internist on a follow-up also this afternoon, after I had my blood work done on Monday, it was sent to him the very next day, and today I was allowed to access it online, before my office visit.

This is what happens when I went off of my 40 mg. Simvastatin, 160 mg. Fenofibrate, both cholesterol medications and Gabapentin 100 mg. twice a day for spasms and pain, for one whole month!
My kidneys were amazingly NORMAL with a GFR of 69, below 59 is not, from having previously with too many months in the GFRs of 50, 55, 50 arena, my glucose came in at 94, below 100 is normal, and most all of my liver enzymes were in the normal range... Yay for all of that!

Except for one liver enzyme that being my Alt (SGPT) was high at 47, with 0-32 being the normal range... My total cholesterol was high at 282, below 199 is what is in the "normal" range and my triglycerides also high at 184 normal range is 0-149, LDL/HDL ratio also high at 3.4 with normal range being 0.0-3.2, my LDL is also very high at 189 when the normal range is 0-99! Blood pressure at 124 over 60!

According to Dr. Luis Casanova though I can go three months with too high cholesterol numbers, but the aim is to continue to get the liver enzymes down so I can be a part of the clinical trial for the Multiple Sclerosis medication that Dr. Montoya my neurologist is doing!
And I am almost there!
So next month I will again have more blood work and an office visit to see if the plan is working.
See I am being carefully monitored!

Now if I can get it out of my head that every head ache is not a stroke nor every heart palpitation is not a heart attack, which both are possible with the Russian Roulette game I am playing with my health... I will bid you a very... Happy good night all! And wish me luck!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!


No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle....

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle.... :   So yesterday I went to the new Nurse practitioner. New to me not to the doctor, just he...