Saturday, May 5, 2018

Cinco de Mayo! Derby Day! HUH?

Everybody enjoy this holiday! It only comes once every never! The mash-up of the two that is!
That is all Americans, since Mexicans do not really celebrate Cinco de Mayo the way that we do if at all, even in Kentucky for the Derby they are mashing the traditional drinks of the two occasions Mint Julep and Margaritas together, and I understand that it is pretty powerful stuff Tequila and Bourbon with mint and lime mixed! I don't know what they are calling it though.

I do not drink anymore, but if I did, WOW, one sip and I think I would be a goner.
And no, I am not an addict/alcoholic, nothing wrong with that if you stopped and don't drink because of that, but last fall I tried a sip of our old usual wine and it tasted like rubbing alcohol to me. Oh and I don't mean the wine was past its used by date, which with wine I am pretty sure some vintages are decades old and better for it, no this was my taste buds changing I guess?  I could not drink for a year due to my stomach surgery, and that is why I did try it after, Hubby lost his interest in it too.
So now it's been about two years since I had anything alcoholic to drink and ironically now I show signs of my liver misbehaving, CRAZY! Thankfully it has fluctuated for the better from one blood test to the other.

WAIT A MINUTE!
This is supposed to be a celebration and we are celebrating too, in our own wise way! Cheap way? Healthier way?... Righteous way? Ha!
We bought a taco kit, an Old El Paso!
Those cool stand alone tacos Hubby got his hands on, since the soft ones were apparently spoken for, and all gone!
The meat, our lean ground beef has been sauteing in the pan in its special packet of sauce, and all the accoutrements have been chopped accordingly, tomato, red onion, shredded cheddar, pretty orange colored sweet bell pepper, and we also have fat free Greek yogurt, and homemade guacamole. Made from fresh avocado, red onion and tomato with lime juice and coarse Kosher salt (lower sodium).
Shells are in the microwave waiting to be zapped for 45 seconds!

"What is Cinco de Mayo?

On Cinco de Mayo, Mexicans remember the Battle of Puebla, fought on May 5, 1862. On that day, Mexicans won an important battle against the French army, which was invading Mexico."
Since I can only understand things that are as simplistically explained to all children!

Kentucky Derby: "
The Kentucky Derby
The Kentucky Derby is a horse race for three-year-old thoroughbreds held every year at the Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky on the first Saturday in May. The race is 1.25 miles long.
The race is nicknamed "The Run for the Roses".
And this year is the 144th Kentucky Derby!

On this note everyone have a very happy good night!


And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that...

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that... : ...my kidneys are fine! So are, my liver, and pancreas I don't have a gallbladder anymore, surg...