Thursday, December 7, 2017

Food is safer.


Today was a great day to change to another soup we both enjoy, homemade tomato basil soup.
 After chopping in my mini food processor that our younger son bought for me years ago, in went a small onion, baby carrots, celery pieces, and garlic all chopped to be then sauteed in the roux of olive oil and butter and flour with water and chicken bouillon used too. Meanwhile during the veggies sauteing and after rough washing/rinsing the container from the veggies in goes the stewed tomatoes to also be chopped way down. Once in the pot the basil is added and a smidge of oregano, and more basil and powder garlic, a bit of your favorite tomato paste or sauce, and squeeze from one small lemon, and a dash of milk! Then the emulsifier for smoothness!
 The below also one pot meal is my chili with ground beef! I added into the sauteed meat onions and garlic, cumin, and chili powder, Tabasco sauce, and chili flakes, squished through fingers stewed tomatoes, three slices of cooked and crumbled bacon, a can of baked beans, drained, there is enough liquid from the tomatoes, and another smidge of light brown sugar! Served with crackers, cheddar cheese and sour cream, but in my case fat free yogurt! Simmer on stove indefinitely as the day goes on enjoy, same with the soup! Great cold weather meals. Don't forget cookies and biscuits too to make, having that oven helps to warm the home, in more ways than one, ha! Maybe tomorrow for those two items.

Moving on...

Politics are so controversial that many people take such polarizing stands that friends and relatives actually stop talking to one another during the holidays!
Although, sporadically I have been letting my feelings out with my mini op eds
The feedback has come in the form of less readers, as in last nights blog being only 44.
That number to me spoke volumes.
Hubby's flu story ended up with 112 readers of that blog and counting.

Hubby is maintaining his below 100 temp, but is still rundown, and sleeps as much as our unfortunate obligations will allow, like today's driving Gus for his yearly shots, and three month grooming that he gets anesthetized for, and so a normal office visit with shots and grooming would cost others perhaps $150, ours is over $250 due to the anesthesia! Of course the shots are only yearly, but the anesthesia for grooming is every three months.
Gus is on the doggie version of prosac, and may very well suffer from PTSD, yep post traumatic stress disorder, just like people, he is a rescue, and goes Cujo, see Stephen King story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0k21yeVMbM , i.e. without any meds. 

Any-who we have him three years and no he is not rabid, just mentally ill, so do not judge him, come on folks hes out of the closet on his legit ill, at least he is not running/ruining a country!

On that note of all kidding, NOT, aside, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night, and kindly share those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that...

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that... : ...my kidneys are fine! So are, my liver, and pancreas I don't have a gallbladder anymore, surg...