Tuesday, September 26, 2017

All quiet on this western front, shush.

Topic: addresses causing confusion.

Our address has a tagline/initials actually, I call it, of NE, standing for, we were told years ago for North East.
Hmm, now the whole block supposedly has these additional letters, and it makes one wonder if they knew all those years ago when our home was originally built back in 1958( rebuilt in 2004 after Hurricane Charley) that forty years later we would homestead here?

Being originally from the North East, and this being our third of our Florida homes, we had two others in NJ, five in total, and this one being our final stop, could they have been psychic?
Because other than the NE at the end of our street address, it makes no sense, see we are on the south west coast of Florida, we live just ten minutes from Charlotte Harbor that goes to the Gulf of Mexico, so I have been annoyed about this silly injustice, well not injustice, senseless act of confusion?

What makes it more so is the fact that the street sign to our block does not include this ghostly apparition of NE, supposedly needed by out-of-staters who insist that it is needed to mail us anything, especially my mail-order medications from the American pharmacies! Other mail does not include"NE" and still arrives just fine, thank you very much!

I had taken a stance of removal of this superfluous unnecessary addition to our already quite lengthy postal address, and each time I request it to be gone anyone and everyone has been splendid in their offerings to remove it from their computers!

But.........each and every time that I am assured the wicked (in my mind; read the rest) two letters are reportedly gone, when the next order is placed they magically mystically reappear!

At times I have given up the campaign to stop the LUNACY!
We are no longer North Easterners!
We are south down east by then west coasters of Florida, or as one restaurant states, on the left coast!
Yes, again I have proven that I have too much time on my hands, but lets face it this is one topic that I had not covered before.

Refreshing?

Or just Annoying? (to me, yup.)

At one time I had even called the post office about this questionable address adaptation, and they said that if you get your mail either way, it's no problem. And no, it has no bearing on whether or not we receive any mail, since we do with or without. And no history was available for the why anybody would have this address? So as baffling and interesting as this might seem, NOT, no one could come up with any logical answer.

Conclusion: When asked for my address on occasion I leave out the NE and then on the phone people feel the need to correct me! They inevitably do and I respond, you don't need that! Some argue that it must have to do with routing, and I tell them I get my mail with or without it, but they usually insist since its on their computer... and as we all know computers are NEVER wrong!

We have been in this home nineteen years nearly, this December it will be and I suppose for the next nineteen I could fight this indignity of postal injustice or go with the flow and let these know-it-all address connoisseurs have their way with my domiciles locale!

Sanity is thy name allowance?

NAH!

I shall fight for my right to be right! Or till my end, which ever comes first!

Question: Is your address incorrect?
Now what would you or have you done to rectify that?

On that malicious provocative inquiry, (Just poking the bear! HA!) allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night, and ask you all to kindly share your blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

Help all people harmed by natural disasters!
     

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Know what?

Speaking My Mind: Know what? :   I'm not adding fuel to the fire Netanyahu has!  Bing Videos An airstrike kills 20 in central Gaza and f...