Monday, July 24, 2017

Chilling

All I accomplished today was to make a frittata for breakfast that Hubby loved and devoured after he already mowed our lawn, then I made homemade spilt pea soup with homemade croutons for lunch another of his favorites, a few bowls of that too for him... therefore leftovers were for dinner; this time ribs, two for me and three for he, Hubby that is, with still two more left, mashed potatoes and the last of the fresh asparagus.
I did experiment with making brownies from scratch with chocolate pudding and marshmallows and using cocoa, flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, an egg and a quarter stick of butter sliced into it with splashes of milk, but my not measuring method and missing something made it taste not quite right... I did not add sugar due to the pudding having it as well as the cocoa, and that could be it, so maybe it did need a bit more and that made the fail that I have nibbled at, but I have considered tossing; now looking probable. Sometimes I get lucky and it does work, i.e. my concoctions, from my forty plus years of cooking and eyeballing ingredients, ya know? And then sometimes...oh well!
We eat well even when at home though.

Many might think it odd to make soup in the heat, first of all we have central air-conditioning, secondly Hubby's Grandmother used to say eat hot in the heat and cold in the cold, well maybe not the cold in cold, but hot in the heat does seem to ring true.
Although, since we aren't really in the heat being indoors in nice cool air-conditioning we don't actually know for sure that it works, ya know?
The weather guy Vanilla Ice, nah, but his name is Robert Van Winkle was again saying the feel like temperature was in the triples digits, yep his name is the same as the rapper's real name as our meteorologist's, but not the same guy!
The rapper does also live in Florida, but on the east coast, in the Miami area and has a DIY TV show over there, flipping homes!

Moving on...

 This just in: Hubby brought it in from our backyard!
One of our pineapples, a mini one but ripe enough to come in, another homegrown product, yep from our backyard, to think that it all started years ago from the top of one bought at our local Sam's Club!
We now have about a dozen plants!
Just like my avocado tree from a pit and my mango tree also from a pit and Hubby's lemon tree from a seed too!

 Moving on again...

Even though I was a bit energetic with my cooking today I have been iced and medicated and paced myself accordingly.

Oddities happened today again to me on Copaxone shot day, been on this medication for seven years and the last two injections were beyond weird.
Today was the tummy location for the shot and as I do without feeling it I stare at it going in the right spot and the auto ject that I have been using all these years, with new ones sent periodically none have done this wicked trick, I stick the shot in and count down to ten or twenty while held in and then remove it and out shoots the medication again, that had not gone into me!
This time missing my eyes, but leaving the site bloody!
Weird, just plain weird.
So I have a nurse from Shared Solutions coming next week to figure out the problem, in the interim they did send me a new auto ject. 
This is what I have been talking about:
It comes apart and the shot goes into it, same as for the last seven years, only recently having this problem, strange.

Oh well, the nurse should be able to figure it out.

On that note allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and share those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!


 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...