Sunday, January 3, 2016

Anybody out there adult

NAP?
I do, I do and believe me at times it is a BIG mistake.
But only how you want to look at it, really.
I don't know about you but sometimes I am like a toddler in the process of outgrowing his/her naps in the respect of if I do nap I am up later at night; you too? 
Other times though I sleep peacefully when I would normally go to bed even after my nap-time.
And other times I cannot sleep at all... what a mess, hmm? 
The nice part of napping earlier in the day, which causes you not to fall asleep at your normal bedtime is I get to watch a lot of late night offerings. (Odd saying that, without parental control, permission, ya know, sounded weird?)
Love the talk shows during the weekdays of course the Jimmies and the Stephen, and the Seth and the James at later night. I have this nasty habit of surfing them all and watching all or as many as I can at the same time, strange, hmm?
On the weekends I so enjoy SNL, Saturday Night Live, which sadly is more repeats than live these days, although my tastes in their vulgarity in some of their skits has changed, I secretly cringe more than I did all those years ago when the show began, and I checked the older shows were just as blue in some ways but Gosh I handled it better way back then. 

And I must admit that I so look forward to the repeats of Bones airing at two A.M. on NBC Saturday night and now at twelve thirty on Sundays, I look good for that one tonight since I did have "my nap" this afternoon. Not too much sexual innuendo in those shows just good old blood gore and bones, of course, thus the name! Odd taste on my part it must sound to most.

It was a perfectly good day to take one, a nap that is, it has been raining all day, still is, and the
 temperatures have dropped almost to what our norms are supposed to be for this time of year, low/mid seventies during the day and fifties at night, yes dreary in this the Sunshine state!  
That is not to say I was a total bum all day I did make my Butternut Squash soup once again, mmm so good in this weather, left hot on the stove, and yes I even did get a bit of laundry done.

So whether you nap and admit it or don't nap or do and don't admit it I am here to say that I NAP AND I AM PROUD, no shame here! (So there, I am sticking my adult tongue out at you. HA!)
Many of us would be less bear-like, grrrrrrrrrrr if we got that quickie in, sleep time friends, get your minds out of the gutter please! (Insert BIG Smile here.)  

On this note of confession, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy healthy safe good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

PS Hope that you read this well rested, if not consider a nap, perhaps, just an unbiased suggestion?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Up in the air!?

Speaking My Mind: Up in the air!? :   Hubby is unsure whether we will have to return to the hospital again, due to his catheter leaking or i...