Friday, December 18, 2015

Listening to the news can be harmful to your psyche

Gotcha!
Sure it could be I suppose.
But that is only if you cannot differentiate the key aspects of the information being tossed at you and take away what you absolutely need to know!
Huh?
Some might argue that a lot of what is pelting our brains nightly is not self beneficial.
True.
Then ask yourself this, why watch?
To stay informed, to make sure it has no affect on your personal life/family or job.
Perhaps.
Curious.
You find that you have that nosy need to know human quality, yep, I suppose that's the same as curiosity, hmm?
It's the only place where being voyeuristic is legal.
And gosh don't they make it easy for all of us with the repetition of some horrid incident when it occurs? 
But is that still considered NEWS?
News is new, not previously aired spots, isn't it?
Although, not by its name, which really is just an acronym for north east west and south. 
So I wonder how it became the representative of an all inclusive catchall phrase for information that is new daily?  
You haven't though, wondered about it?
Its a free world and you have that right.
I, on the other hand still have too much time on my hands, so I can take that short journey and wonder why the news is the news. 
Now that is just too redundant, isn't it? 

How shall I go about investigating my question, Google, Bing or some other search engine or gather many for many concepts of the why, where, when, which and what of it all, just like any true journalistic reporter might attack a question; hold on I'll be right back with a quickie answer I am more than sure...
Two found easily enough, but more are available:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/news
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News

You know the sites no longer allow you to copy and paste in some.
And I have also found that when I go to these definitions and history/encyclopedia sites when I think I know something I find there is so much more to learn, perhaps you will too?

On that note of sure we do, huh, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy healthy and safe good night and kindly ask you to count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

 PS: What ya know it did post? Look below. There it is, but that is just one of many definitions...

news

play
noun plural but singular in construction \ˈnüz, ˈnyüz\

Simple Definition of news

Popularity: Top 40% of words
  • : new information or a report about something that has happened recently
  • : information that is reported in a newspaper, magazine, television news program, etc.
  • : someone or something that is exciting and in the news


 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: The Un-NEWS!

Speaking My Mind: The Un-NEWS! :   Nice title, let's see how many are interested in the "Un-NEWS"... Scattered all over the ya...