Monday, November 2, 2015

Not for the faint of heart or squeamish either

Update: Dog bite healing day three or four, if you count the late afternoon of Friday when it happened...As anyone can see I am using a regular, but larger band aid, and the hand injury seems to be still too open, red and slightly swollen for my liking.I just took my seventh antibiotic pill. The rule of thumb, pun intended, is for it to work within twenty-four to forty-eight hours, well? Does this look like it's working?

 
Animal control was here at 8:30 A.M., a bit early I think, but of course due to the rules the hospital has to inform them of any dogs bites, and we knew/know that and were there of course when they made the call. I wasn't showered or dressed yet, but Hubby was and spoke with the very young fellow who looked like a teenager actually. I yelled that Gus wasn't to be taken into custody, but they do not do that anyway! He just needed Gus's shot record, Hubby obliged, and we were told that Gus was to be kept for ten days in quarantine here at home, fine. He has had his own shots/grooming day postponed due to this latest escapade into his issued behavioral problem that I have to figure out what to do about with him being a rescue and possibly having PTSD, just like people get...love and patience has been recommended, and that is all we have been giving to him for these last ten months! Hubby admitted he too was bit but did not think it was necessary to go to the hospital...I suppose I am a wimp? Nah, in my mind the bacteria is dangerous and having proper care is very important for someone like me with too many medical issues and medications already, and getting older and pre-diabetic, so I did meet their criteria for this care of this bite.

Moving on sort of, not really...

A heartbreaking story stared back at me this morning, right on the welcome page of my laptop: Please read the link below to get-me better?

http://andyjwells.tumblr.com/post/132396235247/rejected-dog-returned-to-animal-shelter-is-now-so

 It was as if it knew my battle within about what to do about Gus, it was the second time he had bitten me though,which makes my thinking a bit more clouded that is against him.
Gus is loving 99% of the time... but will I survive that one percent is the question? Look at that face!

Good question, hmm?

On that note of some hope allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Know what?

Speaking My Mind: Know what? :   I'm not adding fuel to the fire Netanyahu has!  Bing Videos An airstrike kills 20 in central Gaza and f...