Thursday, October 29, 2015

Hot stuff no more!


 I have always been a spicy kind of gal.
In the sense that I love jalapenos,hot sauces,curry powder, hot mustard ect. I have even been known to put jalapenos on my tuna salad sandwich and had eaten most all of them most of my adult life.
Now all of a sudden I can't eat any of them without tremendous tummy pain!
And we have plans to go to New Orleans very soon.
Boy, I was so looking forward to gumbo and all their other spicy renown dishes! And of course listening to their great music will still be fine!
What's a girl to do about the food thingy though?  

Well, maybe that's not totally true about certain foods.
Tonight's dinner consisted of tame tastes of tilapia, sweet potato and cauliflower, and here I lie with also too much stomach distress.
Consequently, I am still playing detective on what might be the cause.
You see, I am on stomach medication for GERD but over the counter prescribed by my gastroenterologist years ago the equivalent of Prilosec but generic and double the dose, taken after dinner nightly. I was also told that I should take Pepcid Complete twice a day, but most days I haven't had to take it and that is a generic too, but lately...
All I can think of is how my tummy kept my figure in check as a young woman; I had chronic gastritis and ulcers in those days and stayed thin due to that, a ninety pound frame.
Maybe my tummy is doing that again?
Heaven knows I have had most all tests for anything serious, and all is good. So I will accept the omen as an adjustment in my body, since we like fashion are on seven year cycles.
Skin and organs too if I recall.
Who knows, but if so this could be just the thing I need to change my portions and speed in the way I eat, mostly all healthy choices.
Sadly though, spicy foods are supposed to increase metabolism and ward off stomach cancer and now will be no longer eaten on my personal menu.
Hopefully I have ingested enough to help with those positive effects to last...

On that note of she said what, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask all of you to kindly count all your blessings and share all yor overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear! 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Know what?

Speaking My Mind: Know what? :   I'm not adding fuel to the fire Netanyahu has!  Bing Videos An airstrike kills 20 in central Gaza and f...