Sunday, August 2, 2015

Everything is rosie

Well, not everything just my cheeks, that is my facial ones! Get those minds looking upward please! Ha!
Sort of like a sunburn and just across the bridge of my nose generating outward to cover each side of the apple of my cheeks, as if I used makeup, blush, but I didn't.
And it has been overcast all day, well most of it and I have been hibernating indoors due to no outdoor plans because of a threat of more rain. And I have been religious with the sunscreen when out.
Odd?
Considering the only newer medication that I have been on since yesterday was the step down steroids that I have been on numerous times before, but really not since last year, I think.
So guess what I did?
I know you know, I Googled it, a face rash from step down steroids, and you know what? ( Prescribed for my optic neuropathy by my ophthalmologist on Friday.)
Yep, I got an interesting response, the fact that I am a woman, and of that certain age this side-effect is more likely than not!
But this time to be sure about if this is too worrisome a problem or not, meaning having to discontinue the medicine I called my pharmacy and spoke with Jeremiah, our local Publix pharmacist.
And he said as long as the rash doesn't spread to more of me, and my tongue doesn't swell causing my throat to close up I should be okay!  
And so far so good.
If that were to happen it could mean my immune system would be shutting down.
Gosh, in my life I unfortunately know too much about that!
I found out over thirty years ago when I was nearly killed by two medicines for pain injected in me. I had been coded while in the hospital in traction!
Another caused the throat swelling as suggested above from an antibiotic.
So that is why I am so careful, and still another caused bleeding ulcers from an over the counter anti-inflammatory medication that many use without a problem and I used properly according to its directions and a doctor's suggestion. Sadly, I am usually that 1% you all hear about, in the possible side effects section on that insert.
Even so that is why every-time a doctor recommends another poison to put into my system in reality I very truthfully become a little anxious, rightfully so I do believe.
Better to be safe than sorry, ya know?
Maybe it seems that I am a wee bit of a hypochondriac, but it is normal concern, truly, and experiences that I wish I never had.

On that note of another true confession allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask all of you to kindly count all your blessings and share all those overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear! 

 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: What mischief can we get into today?

Speaking My Mind: What mischief can we get into today? :   Drum roll, please...! Famous poetry... "How do I love thee? Let me count the...