Thursday, January 22, 2015

Or...



Do nothing.

Yesterday’s blog told of a plot to get even, or at the very least show how ornery I can be too, who moi?

But of course; that is with dealing with Florida makes me oh so Blue insurance company re: all about their need for their silly penny!

(Suggested reading to catch up: last night’s blog; that is if not a nightly reader, I’m just saying... You know me with assuming anything.)



Any-who, I had said that now they have two one penny additions to my month’s premium, making it an overpayment by one cent!

So to be difficult I would for the next five month’s payments round up the price of my premium to see if they would be as good as they were with a negative penny amount of an overage causing their accounting department to be upset and send me a check for the whole sixty-six cents like they had me do for two separate penny payments since they said they had NOT received the first one! (After those months I will be on Medicare, different ballgame, I hope.)

All this due to a penny less from my nearly five hundred dollar a month premium being short that freaking PENNY,  and me being told that was why my account was considered in delinquency!

Is it me?

Or them?

I vote for them.

Anyway, my decision to give them MORE than I owe them has taken a second thought turn in my mind… not because I would be in dire straights without my sixty-six cents if they never paid it; of course NOT! Thankfully!

But because I would be lowering myself to their stupidity level demanding a check back for that amount, especially because I would be doing it on purpose, not by accident, after all they were familiar with me paying them for a year prior to this incident and that premium was nearly one hundred dollars more a month than this year’s new one that is one of the many reasons I am so annoyed, oh all right very angry!



So I am torn should I or shouldn’t I?



Stay tuned…



Moving on…

Hubby has been working feverishly on the lift for the boat and he is mostly done and so today he washed down the boat which has been temporarily for months been living on our extended driveway, soon it will be put back on its lift very very soon, HOORAY!



Oops and I did it again, another non-busy day of laziness for me, not a good thing, but nice just the same.

I played some Solitaire, a lot of Solitaire, and watched my soap and took a nap and made a great three fish chowder from scratch for supper, mmm, mmm GOOD!



I so love making soups.



Gus Update: His behavior is becoming mellower and he is proving to be quite intelligent and loving.

He is also quite playful and has learned to “stay” admirably well these last few weeks. Truly important when either of us go out the front door.

He is very polite and does not open ajar doors the rest of the way.

We are considering teaching him to open them the rest of the way, which can become useful in some emergencies.

He did something remarkable today, he kept scratching at the dishwasher as if there was something wrong and so Hubby opened it to show him that it was empty, but it was not, the drain had apparently not emptied the water in it and it was smelly! Neither of us could imagine how long that could have been like that.

It is possible our washing machine backed up into it, anyway after Hubby determined the water would go down without a problem, we ran dish detergent and bleach through the cycles with a hot dry too just to be safe. Later I checked and it was once again immaculate. If we hadn’t been made aware of the issue who knows what might have happened; mold perhaps or heaven knows what! It was already stinky when Hubby opened the door, but when the door was shut we did not smell it but Gus must have. (Shih Tzu's were trained to find mold, I read somewhere. That part of him was natural working I suspect.)

Mold is so dangerous and very unhealthy.

He also has the ability to remind us about things cooking on the stove that we have nearly forgotten, so dangerous, all great things for us to have back up with now that we are getting older, he was a very good idea for us to adopt and I do believe he is on his way to becoming a fine service dog/son!



On that note of spreading Gus news all around, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages and we will too!



And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: This is where my three inches went... I think!

Speaking My Mind: This is where my three inches went... I think! :   From December 2023 CT lumbar scan: "L1-L2 level: Severe disc spac...