Friday, November 21, 2014

Life is interesting when things happen that hadn't before...

Have you ever had a sore swollen and stiff pinkie?
That is without injuring it?
Googled, “stiff pinkie all of a sudden?”

Oddly enough someone else experienced the same problem:

July 25, 2009
What is causing the unexplained pain, swelling, and stiffness of my pinky finger?
Yesterday I woke up and the pinky finger on my left hand hurt to bend and was a little swollen at the base of the finger (where the finger meets the palm of my hand). Today, the pain and swelling increased, and I also have stiffness of the finger. I didn't injure or do anything to my finger; these symptoms just started unexpectedly to just one finger/joint. What could be wrong? Do I need to see a doctor?”

Health Guide
July 29, 2009
It's hard to say what is causing your swollen and painful pinky.  Since you didn't injure it, it could be something like tendonitis, which is an inflammation and swelling of a tendon in the finger.  You could try applying an ice pack for 20 minutes at a time.  You might also take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen, naproxen, or aspirin for the pain.  If it doesn't improve in a couple of days or gets worse, you should definitely see a doctor.”


Tendonitis



Apparently, other people have had this anomaly also occur without logic or reasoning.

Any-who, it is one of the reasons I am writing tonight only one handed; lefty is on ice, pinkie wise that is.

As it stated above to leave the ice on only twenty minutes, but I have been up and down from this seat where the towel ala ice pack is perched upon my desktop computer table.

The clock on this elderly computer works fine in the corner of this screen, but oops I have forgotten when I started the icing process…uh oh, and it does seem to help.
It has to be nearly ten minutes by now, hope not, since it does feel oh so much better!
Really when have you not iced a bad boo boo when it didn’t make it feel better?

Sure there is a fear of frost bite or indefinite numbness, nah, but not me!

I sadly recall a stupid thing that I did way back around 1975 while walking Number One to his Montessori class and I foolishly tried to light up a cigarette in a very cold wind and the whole match book went up into flames in my hand, yep the same hand that garners my sore pinkie right now, lefty, deje vu, hmm? I had second degree burns, blisters all over my palm, very painful! So when I arrived home after dropping my son at his destination, I put the hand in a bowl of ice! But every time I tried to remove it the severe pain resumed, it was hours until I was able to remove my hand. No Internet to Google then or quickie doctor info to access only what seemed to work.

Today, I would be scolded for leaving my hand in the ice for too long and for smoking at all,which I did stop years ago, thankfully. Although, my end result was that I had no frost bite or lasting negative effects from my way of handling my burn, excuse the pun, not really, my hand always functioned just fine after the incident, and had no scars at all.
It is true that I do have arthritis in both hands, but for over twenty years, which is not unusual for anyone who uses computers or drove as much as I did, 3K a month, osteoarthritis is common in all joints, it’s called the wear and tear one. And most people get it if they have lived…it is one of the more than 100 types; I have eight of them and I was diagnosed over twenty years ago with them.

Moving on…

I did go with Hubby via our new ride to the rehab/gym today and spent about twenty minutes using all my designated equipment except the stationary bike and I did not collapse, HOORAY!

We after went over to Panera’s and then to Lowe’s to look for under cabinet LED lights and we did find the type I wanted, cordless but needing batteries although the ones I chose they were included.
Hubby would have preferred ones with wires, but I felt he would be taking away outlets that I needed, since at this stage ripping open the walls would not be possible and or too messy to hard wire them all…
These disc like ones, each came with three triple A’s, only four for four locations in our tiny galley kitchen were needed to create ambient light for tasks.

On that note of I will see that he is probably right about the so-called savings will go the wrong way with the tallying up in replacement batteries…so allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask all of you to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know who and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

PS Time to ice the pinkie again, YAY!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Today is a busy day,... for us!

Speaking My Mind: Today is a busy day,... for us! :   First, we meet with Hubby's oncologist for a monthly update on his bloodwork that ...