Monday, October 27, 2014

Found the culprit! Or so we think!



Foaming at the mouth sounds so ominous, especially when speaking about any  wild animal and definitely when discussing a domestic pet it is downright frightening!

Not to worry, Skipper has had all his shots, including rabies, and even if he hadn’t he is never ever left outside alone; he is always with Hubby or in the old days me.
And although he has gone nose to nose with our local opossums neither has bit the other, plus they are less likely to carry rabies than our roll out of feral cats over these last few years that seem to love our yard too.

So his foaming and spitting was due to an ingesting property, sadly administered by either Hubby or dare I say or me! Nay! This one was purchased by me, but Hubby gave it to him with me encouraging/egging him on to do so. Those drops from the holistic online company appear to be the cause of his diminished appetite and foaming at the mouth! All we know is that it happened when he was given it and now since he has not been given it he is no longer foaming with just the Tramadol. He seems to be eating a little bit more too, yogurt, chicken , even some of his own kibbles, as well as the Nutri Cal, quite a bit actually, and even some bits of apple I once again tried sharing, while Hubby was at the post office returning the drops of herbs of holistic nature. I called them, Natural Wellbeing Inc. and they have a good return policy, full refund except we had to pay to mail them back. I suppose for some they work just fine, but for him it appeared to make it all worse.
Oddly enough that n/d Hill’s Science diet for cancer too was not liked either and spit out no matter how many times we tried, but the a/d Hill’s for his upset tummy he ate, even today. And the raw frozen food seems to work now and then!

If this continues, between consuming water whenever, but not more or less than usual it seems, and he is weeing but not doodling without solids in him I suppose that will take time to start up again? We can only hope.
For the last few days he was barely eating, except the Nutri Cal, and pain medication every ten to twelve hours and drinking water when need be, so I sure hope that the additional foods in his system creates a bit of normalcy.
He sleeps well and cuddles with both of us taking turns.
Too bad love isn’t enough for a cure for everything, there would be no more ills anywhere and for us if that were the case we would have a HAPPY HEALTHY BOG (boy-dog) CHILD!

That’s all folks for tonight, and so allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know who and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Interesting turn of events!

Speaking My Mind: Interesting turn of events! :   It turns out that I do not need anyone to take care of my pressure ulcer of the sacral reg...