Monday, January 27, 2014

Ask a question and...



...one would expect an answer.
But not always.
We, in southwest Florida had wanted to know why a congressman, Tres Radel, who was caught red handed with cocaine while "working" in Washington, D.C. and was arrested and was court ordered to go into rehab; we all wondered why he thought he would still be the right one to represent his district down  here? Most residents aren't coke heads; that means not much in common with him, ya know? Everyone here felt he should reconsider his consistent reasoning to stay and until today he was staid, but yep, he finally quit.

Rumor has it that he was going to go under deep investigative scrutiny, and by stepping down today, surprise, the investigation stops for some reason, hmm?

Well, most of our questions have been answered here for that one, and now the district, just south of here will be running another election; five people are already chomping at the bit,to run, to replace him!

Good luck folks; a replacement election will be costing you, so I was told, around a million bucks! Not my problem though, whew happy about that!

With a smidge of concern of sounding a bit like a hypocrite, our Supreme Court in Tallahassee, our state capital in Florida, approved to allow medical marijuana to go on the November ballot and I said YAY and here I am saying Hooray; it passed all the hurdles of how the bill was worded, as one of many!

If any of you are not keeping up with this national issue I am one of the many who with my Multiple Sclerosis will benefit from the ability to access medicinal quality pot, to either ingest or inhale to aid in pain control. Chemo patients will also have an easier time in managing their nausea, glaucoma sufferers too will be helped with the severe pain that comes along with eye pressure and so many other ailing people who before were only offered heavy narcotics, medicinal implants or costly surgeries.

An odd thought came to me in all the excitement of the joy of the possibilities, which was all the awkward questions, when thousands of us needing to have prescriptions from our physicians for this Mary Jane, how many will be onboard? I wonder how that will go, really?
Now my new neuro is older than me and so it could go either way...And an India Indian.
Probably more with it, since many trained in India have open minds with innovations in medicine old and new methods.

With that hope for more answers to my daily new questions, in fact still waiting on why a nineteen year old boy accused of murdering his grandfather whenever the news clip comes on they show him unclothed with a blanket over him in shackles? It just seemed odd, especially with another story after it about adults raping a four year old and filming it on their phone and thankfully getting caught due to leaving their phone some place!

To be fair the teen murderer has been found guilty and sentenced to twenty years, and the news station now show his healthy grandpa's picture with just a head shot of grandson, the killer. I suppose sometimes no answers are needed, just action taken, hmm?

On that note of craziness here in the south east coast of our version of lala land... As my wonderful terrific Dad used to call Hollywood CA. when I was a mere child... I suppose that's what many nicknamed it, but as a child I thought it was fun and his idea, and he always was a happy decent being... Dad would have been one hundred and seven today, but passed away too young in 1986 on May 11th, Mother's Day that year, now from this side of a view, at this angle/ vantage point of age, way too young... funny how that works, hmm?

On that note of things could be worse, and they go there sometimes, allow me to be the the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know who and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...