Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hind legs...


Have you ever wondered why some creatures do what they do? Why our pets, better said, our four-footed little loves, seem to understand instinctively when we are not feeling well or when we are sad? Mine too! That sixth sense thing seems inborn in them, but sadly not in all human beings; I’ll give us as mother’s it does seem most evident, but some others not emotionally involved, nope. Why then is this amazing ability given by some deity to just them, loving hairy/fury children and us female’s after delivering a child? When I had gotten home from a hospital visit back in April of 2009 having been on my first time doses of 1000 mg. of IV Steroids/Solu Medrol for an exacerbation of my MS and due to my inability to get out of bed while there, they installed a catheter too, which sadly gave me a tremendous bladder infection that was so severe I had to be put on high doses of Cipro 500MG. four times a day for gosh seven or ten days; I cannot remember right now but all I know is that I had a 102 temperature and my specimens showed such horrendous nasty stuff that both forms of fluids taken to determine such things were done twice to verify the findings! At that time we still had Casey, the cat, with our dear sweet Skipper, our loving Bichon and both knew something was up and took up the vigil of taking up either side of me on the bed while snuggling tucked in close to me, barely leaving my sides. Of course, Hubby did everything, as usual; since neither little loves felt the need to do such meager human tasks as fetch this or that; for they were the sentinels who maintained their patient’s care for warmth and loving need to be there for occasional stroking. Sadly, Casey, our beautiful long-haired orange Tabby died over two years ago from inoperable cancer and we cared for him like he for me, only wish that his outcome was the same as mine. Back to the title, lately our dear sweet Skipper has taken to standing quite often on his hind legs as if he is evolving, odd, hmm? We have always been dog and cat adoptive parents all during our over forty years of marriage and before that as children growing up, dogs were mostly what we had. Now, he’s not doing it to jump on people, he is doing it to see what we are doing, working on the kitchen counter, not always preparing food just writing a list, same on the kitchen table or just as I roll by he will stop and so will I and he stands up…As if he wants to tell me something I know it kills him that he can’t talk, but those eyes of his can say it all almost always; he speaks with them… Although, this new behavior is baffling me and his Dad, Hubby, could he be wondering why he cannot walk upright or why I do not? It was something that keeps reoccurring if it had happened only once or twice I wouldn’t have mentioned it… again I must grab the camera to show you what I mean…could he be the first sign…oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…Geez, I haven’t a clue that’s why I asked you? And yes, I will try to get a picture of that humanesque pose! On that bit of the ridiculous, but every word a truism, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask all of you to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know who and we will too! And next time please be here or be square, ya hear?! PS: US peeps do your taxes, now is good, harder for identity theft if done early; whew we did ours yesterday with everything else, online and for free as usual… we broke even, again.

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know!

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know! :   The presidential candidates are tied!   New Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows why Biden-Trump rematch is st...