Sunday, November 4, 2012

This morning we went over to the...

…The Historic Village in River City, albeit the village is not on the water, AKA Punta Gorda, to take advantage of their weekly Farmer’s Market and we definitely did. We purchased naval oranges, plum tomatoes, and a nice head of Romaine lettuce, cukes, asparagus, and ancho poblano peppers; yes the very hot, hot, hot second degree burn ones! And this woman here, moi, who eats jalapeños on even her tuna fish sandwich, nearly burnt the heck out of her mouth and so I downed it in some fat free sour cream, only a teaspoon or so, although, milk works too, the sure cure for too hot peppers. Did you ever wonder why so many Mexican Restaurants serve it with their tacos and other spicy dishes? And I had just cut off a tiny piece to see how hot it really was. Due to that heated experience, all but the one I tried and another, a spare, made it into the freezer for perhaps a chili I make or when I need a real spicy zapping to a bland salad with sour cream, but of course! All those veggies and oranges totaled just $14.00 and all local farmers. Pickles and olives were sold there too homemade out of Fort Pierce, due east, across the state. I used to have one of my five stores there when I was a district manager, way back in the early 1990’s. The dill pickle spears and gourmet mix of olives including Greek ones that are usually very expensive, but oh so good, cost a bit more than we would usually spend for a half pound of olives @ $4 and a quart of pickles @ $5. We are definitely trying to support local growers and get the freshest healthiest foods available, no harm in that, hmm? Our parking there with me needing to use my scooter is difficult and so when there is no marked handicap parking, since the vendors take up their parking lot where it usually is, and for this we park on the grass as everyone else does…I thought I would put up our handicap placard so perhaps someone would think before they parked so close, but not the case when we got back to the car people had parked so tight on both sides of us they must have hit our car to get their doors open truly that tight! Hubby had to pull up front ahead of the vehicles in order to get the door open on my side, even if I weighed my old weight of 103, I would not have fit! Inconsiderate and downright ridiculous! I couldn’t stop saying it as we headed towards the car, not mumbling at all, hoping that the perpetrator would know what I thought and maybe think before doing it again, a vendor heard me and agreed with me, crazy! Before we actually left from our pull forwarded space the people came back and I was tempted to put down my window and shout at them, instead I gave them just a dirty look! But boy did that feel real good! I should be on that show ‘Anger Management’, if it’s still on? We don’t have cable… by choice. BIG SMILE HERE! On that moment in my life’s time I hope that gave you something to think about, nah, me neither… allow me anyway to be the first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you kindly to count all your blessings and share those overages with you know who, and we will too! And next time please be here or be square, ya hear?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: This is where my three inches went... I think!

Speaking My Mind: This is where my three inches went... I think! :   From December 2023 CT lumbar scan: "L1-L2 level: Severe disc spac...