Saturday, June 30, 2012

Today

Did not start as well as one may like to think?
I had been up most of the night, although my last awakening was nearly at seven thirty A. M. leaving some (Hubby) to believe that I had had a restful night’s sleep, but nope, no it was my comeuppance.
I did recall an over indulgence of spicy foods before bedtime, or more specifically said is that my tummy reminded me all night long…
I do know that I have the inexplicable desire to add jalapeños into any and all salads I eat, i.e. lettuce and tomato type ones, olives too. I have been known to add jalapeños on top of many and all sandwiches, especially tuna but also my surimi crab salad, made at home too, lettuce, and tomato on multi-grain bread with light mayo and all the above, and a nice Kosher spicy dill pickle; my idea of a delish lunch-time home meal… I know that I am weird, no news there, hmm?
Mind you, no fish and no bread late at night, usually just mini lettuce, tomato, green onion, carrots radishes jalapeños, olives with either fat free sour cream or my homemade dressings of red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil with a dash of sea salt and cracked back pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan, or sometimes balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, sugar in the raw (Stevia) with garlic powder dressing, hmmm, hmmm good!
I know, not the best idea for after dinner snacking, but actually rather healthy.
You see, a while back I read that jalapeños have been known to raise your metabolism and are not that fattening since there is zero fat in them but their sodium levels are 19% and seven jalapeños are equivalent to five calories, a serving; I suppose I should go for the raw ones not in the jar, hmm? Sure it’s the sodium that gets you! But I rarely add salt into other food that I prepare and even in the above salad dressing the amount is inconsequential since it is a sprinkle only from a salt mill like the pepper mill.
Now the olives I do eat regularly are the green pimento filled salad ones and 19 make a serving with zero sat/fat, but 14% sodium and twenty-five calories for each serving of nineteen.
Those pickles that I crave too often are only five calories per half pickle serving with again zero fat, but having 11% sodium and perhaps that is why I munch so often on them…I could be considered addicted to the above afore mentioned food stuffs!
Not fast foods, chips or fries, being the objects of my desires, but those things above that I confessed to!
My blood work has been within the normal range for my cholesterol and my blood pressure has been within the normal range too! Even my A1C has said that I am still not any type of a diabetic, so what gives? I am fat.

Yep, blah, blah, blah… how I do go on, well you see I want to change this voluptuous body of mine into a more petite package of my old self. I have been going into the pool as regularly as possible and since tomorrow is my sixty-second year of my birth I have been trying hard to figure out how to change a few of my imperfections… nothing wrong with that, right?

Attitude is everything and that is why I have also decided to find more of the funny in my life too…Hubby and I went over to Tuesday Morning, this morning and found two more cute ceramic pots for my indoor gardening continuing, striving for cleaning the indoor air; nothing says that you can’t have character, hmm?
$3.99


This double one was $6.99.



The recommendation is for one plant per hundred square foot of home area, since we have a tiny one, home that is, ten is what I am striving for, or eleven would be more numerically correct. We had five and now with the newest addition of the peace lily from Winn Dixie at $5.99, we now have six!

I will be deciding on which of my newest pots get the honor to be its home.
I am leaning towards the double pot where it is sitting right now on my kitchen bar, that picture is it on the dinette table though.
So I do have some ideas to keep my brain functioning, while deciding on other things to do.
At the library the other day we did take out two new books and so that is also on the agenda. I will see if I can see long enough to complete those choices…

Any-who, birthdays to me had never been evaluations of oneself prior to this up down few years and so I will be trying to enjoy life there fore be more like others in our age group who appear to know not to take themselves or anything else all that seriously!
And so in this next years journey I do hope that I will have all of you there to find out what will be, okay?
All life is a journey, but documenting your own life’s journey is a gift to yourself and your heirs/family… I guess they can decide when you are really ready for that loony bin, hmm? Kidding, maybe not entirely, I’m not telling and you shouldn’t either!
On that asinine, trying hard not to cringe, after all I am an adult, sort of… with that snippet of why I am fat, topped off with my mediocre concept of where I would like to go this year… allow me to be the first to wish you all a very happy good night and ask you kindly to count all your blessings and share those overages and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...