Monday, June 4, 2012

Sometimes we wait, and wait and wait and wait, then we wonder why we were waiting, hmm?

Have you ever felt as if you wasted too much time than you wanted to spend on something that was apparently more important to you, but not to the ‘tech’ that you depended on to fix it for you?
Okay, I suppose that should have been rhetorical, hmm.
Yes, we all have, haven’t we?
We are slaves to our techno marvels that we for some reason feel that we cannot go a day without…huh?
Sure, it’s like cutting off your right arm if it were to breakdown, without you trying your darndest to rectify the problem! Almost like a sick relative or dear ole friend, with a terminal illness, hmm? That’s just CRAZY!
Are we all crazy in love with these inanimate objects of so much desire that we compete with each and every one of us to have the newest and the bestest with more bells and whistles, as us older folks would say…SURE we do!

Although, some of us are more grounded by finances and realize that fixing what we already have is the only way to go…since reality kicks in and we know that we have no other choice, but that’s OKAY, since we still can compete on a bit lower level!
Is this a contest?
Gosh, I didn’t know that?
When were you all going to tell me and include me in…?

I hear tell that it was said many moons ago, full moon again tonight a tidbit to chomp on…any-who, us more mature folks used to say the one who dies with the most toys wins…SILLY and downright ridiculous!
In this economy, what; is any of us sane anymore?
Reality check, and all of you know that we don’t over spend anymore, especially money we don’t have… or think that we may have in our near of distant futures!
We are all trying harder to change those ways, those fun and free childlike ways of no cares in the world, living for today and tomorrow will take care of its self…
Well, we as a world know how that turned out, hmm?

Responsibility and saving up is how the generations before the 1970’s did it… paid cash they did, why plastic was used to call something cheap!
Go with me here… now if we took a trip to yesteryear perhaps…we could regain those habits and the economy would revive without expecting a magic pill from any of the countries leaders telling us how or what to do, or expecting them to do it for us, right?
Just a thought… and Geez that’s all I have to share is those, and guess what…THEY ARE FREE!

Moving on…
An update: My volunteerism offer was taken up and you know those last fingerprints I gave worked. I am as clean as whistle, nobody is looking for me, now or ever, and you all were worried! I was asked to come on in the end of the week to see where they will use me, but I felt the original idea was the best, and so hopefully I will assist the patient advocate with her advocacy and do what I have been doing for myself for these last several years and help others do it too! PS I am seeing the woman who does need an assistant for that position, gosh I hope I get it…I really hope I get…nah, not chorus line, volunteer line! LOL!

Another update: Mom Clara will be going into NYC for her follow-up; yep it’s been thirty days since her first procedure, already, where has the time gone!
Number three update: going in order of occurrence… Mary, my toddler-hood friend is still having her thyroid meds regulated and so far her dose is up to 150 Mcg, high, but when you don’t have a thyroid, appropriate, I think.

On those upbeat finis, allow me to be the first to wish you all a very happy good night and ask you to kindly count all your blessings and share those overages and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: As I stare at another blank page that I feel I mus...

Speaking My Mind: As I stare at another blank page that I feel I mus... : The only realization for doing this comes to mind... MY SANITY! No...