Monday, March 26, 2012

Here I go again... with explaining things...

Being over weight is not a choice and not always easy to cure with surgery or diet and exercise.
People, I was not much different from you when I was also a thin person of one hundred pounds soaking wet, prejudice is awful from any angle.
Metabolically not all physiological bodies are the same, scientifically proven, so I am told.
Some become obese and develop health issues like type two diabetes, heart and blood pressure and cholesterol problems, but some people don’t or get them when they are very, very slim.
My Hubby’s waistline is still a thirty-two inches at six feet tall, the same it was when he was in high school as it is now at his age of sixty-two and he suffers from high blood pressure and high cholesterol, but his Mom and brother both have high blood pressure, not too sure about the cholesterol though, any-who sometimes it is just hereditary!
I on the other hand when I was thin I had none of those ailments although my parents both had suffered from high cholesterol and even when I smoked for forty plus years, I had no lung or heart disease either!
Thankfully, as you all know, I have not smoked since July 11th of 2006!
But while I was such a good girl with quitting I have since acquired many LBS. and than I was put on blood pressure and cholesterol and heart medication with the weight gain from the inability to walk due to the Multiple Sclerosis causing parathesia and Ataxia and no sweating since it will exacerbate my MS and cause me to have to go back on IV steroids, which are counter-productive in the weight loss game, hmm? (And so I have ballooned into this mass of me, I not laughingly call a Jaba the Hut person; I am my worse critic with a constant daily frustration of not being able to change this!) Both also due to the MS and that no one with an autoimmune disease can have gastric by-pass surgery even if they meet the BMI criteria; I did research it! And that I also was put on three days of IV steroids @1000 mgs three times in a twenty six month period and that having Hypothyroidism is something I have no idea where it came from, although, I do have Sjogren’s Syndrome and they blame it on that or other autoimmune illnesses which I now have three of or it can just happen too? And did I also mention that I am still not a diabetic due to ingesting coffee and leafy green veggies all of my life and now they feel it is the best way to ward it off, that is the type two kind of diabetes?
Anyway, anger tonight was caused by throwing all of us obese people into the same class of lazy non-interested to change group promoted on this evening news on our NBC affiliate. Hope someone there reads this.
With the cute young slender news’ female anchor saying that people who are chocoholics, like I have been also, and might I add, a life long member of that club and that popcorn eaters are always thin; I do that too, i.e. eat popcorn, air popped at home!
Well, I am shocked that it’s not working?
On that rant of trying to clear the names of the lumpy all being lumped into one category I will leave you with this one thought…I was you once and you could be me too, and compassion is putting yourself into the other person’s place and getting them, got that?
Try it; you may like or if not that…understand it at the very least…

On those words of sadness of misunderstandings of these so-called new ways to help the truly obese; allow me to be these first to wish you all a very happy good night and ask you to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Now it's just me with my wicked old brain doing th...

Speaking My Mind: Now it's just me with my wicked old brain doing th... : ...Muddled writing of this blog! Anywho... I have a relevant o...