Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pay day and so out we went for our...

Okay, so we went out for our yummies, translation food/grocery items this time at the Sam’s Club mostly coffee and extra virgin olive oil and a few this and that’s/essentials and other necessities for other important components needed in our dwelling, translation grout for around the tub, and they are actually fun to do when you don’t get out that much, like me…
We first went over to Home Depot for the grout, a very special high test type, because the one we have been using has not been doing what all the ones before had accomplished…What’s that; you so boldly ask?
Why not cracking up, not laughing i.e., it has been cracking up i.e. real cracks opening up around the tub, in the bad sense of what that means or is that tense, nope sense and we have had no luck with the previous brands of grout, that is.
The only problem we found going into any home store these days, not everyone is as knowledgeable as you may be or in our case, us.
Truthfully, we have built homes and additions and many baths included in that DIY resume of ours, sure we had our oopses and learned by trial and error occasionally, but that is well over a forty year period!
And so when you go into a department and they tell you like a small child that this is what you got to do to fix the problem, well, at times… it rubs me the wrong way!
That is until I explained that we have the above as our reasoning of why we just want a better product, hmm?
Alas, sadly that is when I realized that I was in their plumbing department and not in their paint department, which oddly enough is their grout department too, oh well, did I have egg on my face or what, little-miss- know-it-all, hmm? That’ll teach me, or not…!
Silicone is what we ended up with that was quite dear in price at just under seven bucks! Well, if it does the trick, it will be worth every penny. In all our years as abode peeps with baths to boot or to bathe, sinks to wash those grimy human paws and toilets to you know what… I do not recall having grout crack as often as in this home’s beautiful bath of mine… just plain odd if you ask me… but don’t cause I don’t know why that is.
Of course, that is another Hubby job. I used to do it in my day, but no longer, being shorter and unable to maneuver like you need to; no can do, but he still can, thankfully!

We came home hours ago and I am still basking in the after glow, of what you ask?
Why going out into the world and seeing others and talking to a few and learning and feeling…HUMAN, I hear you all saying … Gosh it sure doesn’t take much to make this gal happy! And sadly you would be right, these days, but I wasn’t always this easy… stay tuned I feel another long story coming into your future from your nightly doses from your quite verbose vibrant vigorous voluptuous vamp vright vhere!

On those words to live by or at the very least try hard to decipher, what the heck, allow me to be the first to wish you all a very happy good night and ask you to count those blessings and kindly share those overages and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear?
PS And if you haven’t voted in this GOP primary and can, go do it and do it for me too, nah kidding, you can’t do that! But you all knew that… anyway you would have to cast a vote for write in, ha!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know!

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know! :   The presidential candidates are tied!   New Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows why Biden-Trump rematch is st...