Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas and a Happy 6th night of Hanukkah!

Have you ever felt as if you lived in a sitcom?
Nah, me neither; just asking…
Why than do they, meaning the network program TV writers; believe that we should always be portrayed as being buffoons? Do they have real lives and socialize in the real world?
Sure, we all get emotional at holiday time, but isn’t that the way it’s supposed to be; due to family, friends and faith and all that hullabaloo?
Some times we all go a bit over the top with our feelings but not to the extent that they seem to think, hmm?
OK, I get it comedy is exaggeration… sure, and stupidity is always good for a no punches barred quickie guffaw, but really?
Perhaps, when those TV writers call on their own experiences with their own families they don’t have that much going on; could that be it?
Now, Seinfeld was a wee bit more realistic and relatable to the world, since they really never ever did have major controversy mostly it was a show about nothing with not much going on, or so we thought.
But we all knew better…
That show reached the real person in all of us with all our insecurities and miseries and non-caring or caring too much about certain things that were egomaniac. It was a true blessing in disguise of meaningless useless performance art! And we loved and enjoyed it and it continues on and on in reruns; as it well should. Hooray, you see something’s are still right in our world, hmm?
Many older sitcoms have become iconic, especially the ones that touch us in our own truths or half-truths of our own personalities…that’s what good writing is all about…and the term ‘dramedy’, became what it was in the last century a comedy that could not only make us laugh but touch our hearts to make those happy tears dribble down too… and those sad ones as well…WOW!
Now, don’t you wish you DID live in a sitcom?
Too hard to be that clever without writers doing your thinking/speaking for you; at least I think so? Not a bad challenge though, hmm?
Let me consider this possibility, thinking and reading someone else’s mind’s words before I speak them, hmm, could work…
We sure know that what I have been doing the last few years has not been working for me in that thingy called socialization…
Gosh, I think that I heard of this concept somewhere a long, long time ago, but at the time I was a mere child…they called it by something else though…wait it will come to me…ah yes! But those grownup words were too well thought out and tame and polite in my book…I do recall though…
I do believe they called it, wait for it……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
THINKING BEFORE YOUR SPEAKING AND CHOOSING YOUR WORDS WISELY!
AHA, a thought to live by, maybe?
On that reality in all our lives, sometimes I do know that we are all more exciting than what we would like to be; just remember that, on those way too quiet days and I will too.
Life is a trip, a journey and sure we are all here for the long haul and everyday is a gift and all we can do is make each one count.
On that trying harder concept of being a better me, ha, we will see…allow me to be the first to wish you all a very happy good night and very merry and very happy too and ask you to kindly to count all your blessings and share all those overages and we will too!
And next time please be here or be square, ya hear?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know!

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know! :   The presidential candidates are tied!   New Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows why Biden-Trump rematch is st...