Sunday, August 7, 2011

Anonymity ain’t what it’s cracked up to be.

Apparently, one of our local newspapers, the news-press.com is now plugging into Facebook to be able to divulge all people’s comments on their site by identifying them by whom they actual are, you see, on Facebook it is allowed; no anonymous commentary or self expression; except those I suppose who are liars there already…incognito… no more! When you ruffle someone’s feathers you personally will be liable in dealing with them, could this be a CYA clause in their company’s newest plans? Sound like sound advice and legally speaking quite appropriate.
Personally, I think they are on to something extremely important; that all of us should own our words if we so desire to interact in the world at large!
Why not be who you really are?
In a way though, if you are ashamed of what you have said I do understand, but you know that now you will just have to edit yourself before that happens, huh?
The old adage still is in full force and may cause you to pause and to consider to, “Think before you talk” or in this case before you write.

Gosh, that is so simplistic I wish I had done that more over these last few years, nah all sixty-one of them, and perhaps things for me would be so much more different and not so cursed… and me with still no brain/mouth/fingers filter!
But let’s all admit one very important thing whatever I have said I did take full responsibility for, yep no one else would claim this poppycock!
One thing though and this is real important that all I tell, explain or lay claim to is absolutely positively all true!
Amazing, I am sure is what is coming into your fertile brains right now.
Nah, I can’t see you, which is definitely true, but logically that’s what I would be saying if I were you! What is she thinking, who knows, who cares…is another thought…LOL!

I would even consider a request by me to my anonymous comment people to please let me know who you actually are when you don’t leave your John Hancock on my site here.
But I suppose I don’t wield that much power, huh?
Ah, I do understand who would want to admit that they read this drivel, let alone have the chutzpah to comment on what I try hard to express here nightly. (But to be honest many do let me know who they are and I do appreciate all their very thoughtful comments truly!)
Gosh, that’s why I began all this with my pseudonym besides the fact it sounded like a really cool idea; and many legit authors have done it, so why not I thought when I was still doing that sort of thingy.

Who cares really?
I ask you.
The News Press is genuine and important but me?
Not quite a legitimate comparison, huh?
Oh well… my life will go on with or without knowing who may take the time out of their very busy days to say what they feel about anything that I choose to discuss here nightly.
To be me though… I do care very much and I thank you to all of you! Each comment and look see is a numerical techno applause and hug and that’s why I need to hear from all of you in some way…don’t get too much of that anymore, but who does?
On that unabashed cry for attention allow me to be the first to wish you all a very happy good night and kindly count all those blessings and share those overages and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: What mischief can we get into today?

Speaking My Mind: What mischief can we get into today? :   Drum roll, please...! Famous poetry... "How do I love thee? Let me count the...