Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Life's tallies...

1,176 is just an abstract number to most people, unless it is dollars or a population, or amount of work or school days, or a counting down to an important date or a date or a tally of Facebook friends, which for me that is just what it is, amazing and thank you all!

Now that that is out of the way, let’s discuss something important…

Life and how we see it…

It could be considered a benign discussion or fascinating, titillating, graphic and detailed, boring or humbling or traumatic or frightening or repetitive or blossoming or creative or stagnant or ever changing and on and on… huh?

Perception is how we see it in the bigger picture of things, and where we stand in that massive world order or perhaps just a snippet, a portrait of it all…

Are we flamboyant and change worthy or meek and mild on keeping to ourselves without divulging our unselfish ideas and opinions; it is our choice and many make it at birth, right?
Quiet resolve is overstated and way too uncommon, we by the nature of the human animal do roar, and we definitely do love to!

Dullness is sad and boring, don’t you think?

Complexity is what makes life appealing, don’t you think as well for the alternative?

Simplicity is only after we explain our thoughts.
It has been determined that we here in America have much to offer the world, but that we should not be too arrogant to also realize how much we can learn from the rest of the world too!

Our lack of ability to educate our children to their full potential has been explored and sadly we now realize that is our biggest downfall as a wealthy civilized nation.

But identifying the problem and attacking it is to our plus, and so we have begun the process.

No harm no foul when you understand your weaknesses too as a person; not just as a nation, and work hard to improve them.
Any musician will tell you the way to get to Carnegie Hall is to practice, practice, practice, so the old joke goes…But it is true, and so we all have to re-evaluate ourselves periodically and then practice what we preach my dear friends, me of course included in that.

You see, I want so much to be a professional writer and so I write this daily and it is my practicing for me, so far I am still an amateur, but I have high hopes…

After all I have only been writing for my enjoyment… for let’s see, since I was twelve and I am sixty now so… that makes, what?
Help me?
A number I am thinking of…is 48 years; that’s it!
Should I give up?
Well, to be honest I didn’t write consistently all those years there were some gaps for years and years…busy with other things…

I did entertain my sons with funny poems when they were small, and then there were those radio commercials I wrote for our sprinkler business and then letters to the editors for years and years, a few scripts for those fashions shows for all those non-profit fundraisers, and then helping Hubby with his newsletter he wrote for a couple of years for north county here, a couple of by-lines in the paper, and my five murder mystery novellas that are still waiting for severe editing…yep and then there is this Blog for the last two and nearly one half years, not forgetting the writer’s group I belonged to for a few years and my creative writing workshop I took and wrote many things for… and that page in that book I did get published in for no money again…but then I must continue to practice, since no funds yet to prove this is not just for the fun of it! May I cry, because that’s what I think I might do… and you do know that first attempt was a play in seventh grade that I got an ‘A’ on, not to mention my reports of note in journalism class in college! Darn this is hard, and I wish I knew what I am not doing right? Because that is what it all boils down to not just practice but some luck too…sure I could self publish but I don’t have the funds and to me that means I wasn’t good enough for a real pay-you publisher. Some may take issue with that, but sorry that was how I was raised, you don’t pay for something that you’re good at they should offer to pay for it, got that?

So I guess I was wrong again… it’s not just practice to succeed that makes your dreams come true, sometimes it is just dumb luck!

On that contrary opinionated reasoning I will wish you all a very happy good night and to all suggest to count those blessings and share those overages and we will too!

And next time be here or be square, OK?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...