Thursday, September 16, 2010

I am being heard...!

Validation! What a marvelous thing to know!

Validation! What a marvelous thing to know!
It is true that the respondent’s comment was not a numerical marvel or overwhelming in remarks but still it was there and was quite expressive; and thank you.
And you know who you are; for that I am sure.

Being somewhat of an adventurous person when younger, being older now, this has become my form of exploration for excitement. So far, not too…well what can one say, really?

This bumpy ride that I did, if you recall, promised my readership is what makes me go on though; is still in the works. Oh no, you say; I have already been creating those ups and downs of never knowing what comes next type of excitement. Well, that is heartwarming to hear and so thanks!

Today we did venture out once more into the actual realm of the world.

Zoomed all the way over to the Walgreen’s, about two and half miles from our compound, not too far from the bridge to River Country AKA Punta Gorda, but still here in Port of the Charlotte, PS we don’t have any ports here, anywho, we went for our combo flu shots, oh combo?

Yes, this year the shot is a two for one, included the plain old flu shot is also the inoculation to protect you from H1N1 virus.

Hubby’s was free with his Medicare part B taking care of it 100%, but mine for the dual protection was $29.99, not too bad a deal.

They are now recommending them for everyone over six months old.

Last year we met the criteria with me having a chronic disease and Hubby being my caretaker.

And so I again did my pincushion thing, yes, to be honest between my daily Copaxone shots and my recent IV’s of 1000 MG. Of the Solu-Medrol for the optic neuritis last month and also those insulin shots due to that temporary diabetic reaction, boy I am feeling holier than the Pope! LOL

The odd thing they did this year at our Walgreen’s was put up one of those privacy screens; the fact that they were using such a thing made me wonder if now they were giving you bum, butt, tushy, you know shots in the derriere? But no, they were still injecting into the upper shoulder. Apparently, someone complained, we all know how that is… so now, people needed privacy from exposing their upper arms, oh my! Are we living in Victorian times once again?

I suppose some people do get squeamish when they see a needle going into anything, and perhaps that was the real reason, but it must be hush, hush because even the pharmacist didn’t know why. And consequently my mobility scooter made it difficult for me to get up close enough to the pass through that is usually for prescriptions to be handed in, and so the pharmacist had to come out from behind the counter and her protection from what I really don’t know…to give me my shot! Last year the pharmacists just walked out to where the seating area where you wait for you prescriptions to be filled was and shot the dickens out of whoever paid the price for the sticking; which in my opinion was effortless efficiency at its grandest!

Geez complications again in this too now that should be soooo simple, but why?

Cause someone got their panties in a jumble?

I know, I know I got the nerve saying anything about that, especially when nightly that’s what I do complain, complain, complain!

But let’s get real people, whose really reading this drivel, huh?

Oh that’s right you all are, and don’t you ever forget how much I do appreciate that in all of you, even though this proves the fact that you have bad taste in literature, but I’m the last one who should complain about that, capish? LOL

We all know what interesting means, right? (Wink, wink)

None of you have ever gone out on a blind date?

Oh you don’t know?

When someone says something or someone is interesting it means… BORING, and or not that attractive!

And yes, this Blog can be very interesting at its worst and provocative, tantalizing and intriguing at its best…YEP, I can do that, maybe… someday… I’ll try, at least I will promise to try?

Gotta sell it, huh?

You betcha!

It has been so nice to be able to babble on for so long without causing misery to myself and hopefully none to others either.

On that note of what the heck I will wish you all a very happy good night and to all count those blessings and we will too!

And come back and see us next time right here in this same place, ya hear?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...