Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tonight I may be calling it quits early...

I did not sleep well at all last night I tossed and turned most of the night all due to my right hip acting up.
Knowing that the ROM exercises should be helpful, all the professionals say, in that tepid water of our pool now hovering these days at a toasty eighty-seven degrees I did attempt an exercise program but even that was cut short due to pain in only twenty minutes' time. Oh yeah, the other thing they say is listen to your body.
You are all saying what a wimp?
Nah, I once walked around on a broken leg for two days; honestly it hurt and bad.

Any-who the only reason I brought it up is because the worst position for me is the sitting position and so I may be calling it quits earlier than usual on my writings tonight.
Who on this planet enjoys falling apart physically or mentally?
But some days are just not too good.
Yes, I do know that we all have them.

Today I did get an interesting delivery from Shared Solutions part of the pharmaceutical company Teva, the company involved with the distribution of my injectable medication, Copaxone. They sent me hot or cold packs, since they can be either, and one of those ties to wear around your neck that when submerged for about ten minutes in cool water and put on will keep you comfortable for hours. You see, one of the real problems with MS is temperature contrasts which tend to make you go into muscular spasms, the medication for that is Baclofen but taking charge of those fluctuations also helps.

Slowly, my hip and shoulder both on my right side are starting to hurt in such a way that this might be the end of my rantings for tonight.
Since I am right handed I guess that means …

Happy night to all and to all count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Interesting tidbit of non-newsworthy development!

Speaking My Mind: Interesting tidbit of non-newsworthy development! :   The nurse whom, I thought I called her name wrong , prefers being ca...