Monday, August 23, 2010

Singing in the rain,♫ DO DA DO DOOOO ♫ DA DA DOO DA DOOT DOOO♫

Not really, but it was an unrelenting wet one most of today, in our late morning and afternoon period.
Although, the monsoon like rain had stopped for a short period when one of my Facebook friends happened to ask earlier this morning, and so I did tell her the truth at that particular moment, it was not raining and had only been doing it mostly yesterday.

Why apparently it was doing the wet stuff all over the place since many references to it could even be found on my FB page. Including the clip from that worldwide classic movie, ‘Singing in The Rain’ with a scene, Gene Kelley’s famous street dancing scene from that cinematic ditty! And no, I did not see it when it came out, but I could have I was two years old in 1952. What I can remember is seeing it on TV when those great movies were on ‘Million Dollar Movie,’ WOR TV in NYC, and played over and over again and we kids knew all of the lines and lyrics from them by hearing and seeing them; we learned by rote!

I almost didn’t come on tonight to write since I am still not up to par.
And my limitations of what I can actually do so often make me dwell in that house of ‘poor me’. YOU SEE, my eyes are paining me; yes that’s what I said they hurt from overuse that is as if you needed glasses or a new prescription, since what you have doesn’t work at all.
But that is why I initially started this Blog it was to vent such feelings, and I really did start this whole project with the thought of anonymity, but alas I have one BIG MOUTH and told the world, but that’s just between us, OK? (Wink)

Hubby at times doesn’t get it and I bet many of you out there don’t know why I would be so detailed in discussing my maladies.
To be honest, it’s cheaper than therapy!
And when one writes things down and reads what they wrote in that written examination of which a claim of tangibility helps to actually cause one’s self into utilizing problem solving mechanisms within. One could only hope, can’t one, but that too is just a theory.
Gotcha, double talk, huh? LOL

My babbling mode has kicked in.
And if I was in the same room as you and trying hard to hold up my end of a conversation, you would probably stop me to say….What the ----?
Some of us lonely peeps, who don’t get out much; well heck NOT AT ALL LIKE I USED TO!
With work and the kids no longer around and or just being more independent to get in to the car and go… yep, that’s part of it I haven’t driven in over two years.
At first I thought I would be all right since Hubby was retired and we would just go together.
But anybody can tell you that although you love someone there are times that you NEED to be alone! Or lets’ face it, escape!
He is much more mobile than I.
Even around the house he can go here or there without having to really think can I exit or enter with walking aids, my walker for balance or my mobility scooter, out in the world or even weather issues, too hot or too cold has no real affect on his physicality, but they both do on mine.
And now with this sight thing I can’t even ask to go the library unless I really want to try the books on tape; which for some reason I have been avoiding like the plague, and we all know why that is that my listening skills leave much to be desired!
I much rather talk.
I am not that dissimilar to what I believe to be called, ‘White Noise’; filling the airwaves with volumes of litany.
Yes, that is how I roll, noisy gibberish.
I suppose it is my way to be my own company even when in others lack of presence. Nah, I really don't talk to myself or answer myself, well not all of the time! Only sometimes, but who doesn't?
Otherwise that would be just Crazy!

My Mom said I started talking around the age of two, and consequently never stopped!
As many know that the power to talk or tantalize the populous into any conversation is a tremendous sales tool.
And even at the age of seven it proved to be one of my best assets as a Brownie in selling the most Girl Scout cookies and winning the sales contest!
Why as a teen it taught me to sell merchandise while still in high school at a mall store and helped me become a floor manager at the tender age of seventeen at that store, before college!
Ah yes the gift of gab… I even got to kiss the ‘Blarney Stone’ later on when I went to Ireland, which was one of my stops on my UK and European tour while a college student and perhaps that enhanced that feature and is the cause of this dilemma that it has created in my nearly idle life now!
Oh DEAR!
That almost sounds like the explanation that I have been looking for!
Or is it just another lame excuse?
Oh well, either way I am doomed to NOT SHUT UP!
And boy now when I think of it….
Hubby is awfully lucky that he can escape! LOL

On that note of silliness thought I will let you all retreat and wish you all a very happy night and count those blessings and we will too!

That means Hubby too; if I can find him…I know he’s around here somewhere! LOL

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: TAX DAY IN AMERICA!

Speaking My Mind: TAX DAY IN AMERICA! :   April 15th has been the traditional date for federal and for your state taxes. If unable to meet t...