Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hooray! The answer was found!

http://www.walgreenshealth.com/whc/patientPortal/hcare/jsp/hcare_home.jsp

The above link is to my IV Angel’s company that finally made my life and medical problems more manageable.
You see, today after banging my head against the final wall and hopefully I thought for the last time since I thought that late last night I had my problem solved but actually my bubble was burst earlier this morning.
What happened was the fact that I realized that I had quite a bit of my non interest for two years credit care account available for me to utilize for my dilemma, voila!
And I truly thought my problem was to be solved by that realization and that I would call this wonderful hospital who was giving me this great discount down to only fifteen hundred for what they claimed was actually a forty-five hundred service!
And now I had the means to pay them too! Wow what a concept!

Unfortunately, when I called though they said that they did not have an account with CreditCare and unless you did they would not accept them or vice a versa.
So I was still in my same situation!
Then out of no where I thought why not call CreditCare and ask them who does cover my type of need, and they said perhaps my Ophthalmologist who did my cataract surgery and so I called them, and of course they DID NOT!
But they thought another eye doctor in Fort Myers might and they gave me his name and phone number, he DID NOT EITHER, although their office there knew of someone who did do infusions exactly of the type that I needed for optic neuritis!
And they gave me the name of the person; let’s say Ms. K, my now called IV Angel Lady!

She took all my info and also that about CreditCare to see if they would pay for the medication, but while she did try with them my curiosity and good business sense had to know how much their medication and the rest of it would be and she told me… Well, she said the one gram is the same as 1000 MG. of Solu-Medrol in IV form will be $63.11 per dose, and so I figured it out, and for three days it will be, $189.33! And the nurse who will be showing you how to do it will be $90.00 a day! So I figured it would be a total for three days at my home, yes they come here, at $459.33, but again I was wrong since she would only be there the first day and available if I needed her more! So my actual total will be….drum roll please…..$279.33 in total!!!! And so I said even if CreditCare can’t do it we can hooray! I had been saving and I did have a little bit more than that and so we were good once again. My biggest fear is that my illness will be responsible for us losing our home.
WOW what a concept; why at this rate I can afford to have OPTIC NEURITIS, almost five more times! Hopefully I won’t though!
Shame on you local hospital, when more than fifty million citizens are un-insured in America and many more are under insured! Padding those services for you’re over the top profit that is really repugnant in this day and age and not very nice at all!

The company is Walgreen’s Option Care and as I said I put the link to it on the top of this Blog for you all to access if your need is there, just copy and paste.
What apparently happened a little over a year ago there was a merger between Option Care and Walgreen’s that in my book appears to be a marriage made in heaven!
And so now if anyone out there needs assistance in any of their very long list of available medical options you can go to their site or call them on their toll free number which is there too, and find the local one nearby you!
I was so thrilled with my find that I had to let most of the nicest people who with honesty and compassion tried their hardest to help me out, and so I notified them of this incredible find just as I am you too!
Isn’t this what networking is all about, really?

And so on my happiness find I will tell you too to have a very happy night and to count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Other than news!

Speaking My Mind: Other than news! :   ...Our lives and welcome to it!... So yesterday I went to, PT, physical therapy, and due to taking my...