Sunday, June 13, 2010

Much, much, better today!

Although I had quite a night!
Where shall I begin?
Nothing conventional appeared to be helping, and so Hubby suggested a wee bit of unconventionality but not too unfunny idea on how to deal with my pain and since I took my last OTC pain pills at noon by sixish I was pretty sure it was safe enough to go with his concept, booze!
And so I made myself a short Daiquiri, but mine was with lemon and lime juice as well as my sugar substitute and Vodka also less than the recipe called for, which actually was Rum, and so maybe that’s why it appeared to have no effect, and I was very lady-like and nursed it for over an hour.
Since that didn’t work I thought perhaps just a good old fashioned short glass of Chardonnay would, and no, that didn’t; since I was still pacing back and forth with my walker in pain.
But the sad part is my legs would go numb and I would have to sit down, but in that position of right up sitting my hips would start again, mostly my right, and then I would lie down in the bed with my legs up on pillows and that would last for maybe two or three minutes, and more pain!
And so I got up and stayed up repeating this display of non-resting but trying hard to find a position that wouldn’t be painful physical diatribe over and over again! And then my upper back wouldn’t let me lean back against the chair without additional pain and so it would continue, and by around two A.M. I thought well I guess I could start the extra strength pain reliever with my Baclofen again! And guess what I slept until seven thirty!
The flair-up was done, over, gone! Thank heavens!

I even had the ability to make breakfast for Hubby and me and then go for a dip in the pool and then we had lunch and went over to the Convention Center over the bridge in Punta Gorda for a Florida in Bloom indoor air-conditioned show, some displays were outside, but it was already 99 degrees when we arrived there! I was hoping to see some plants that I thought would make a nice addition to our own garden, but not one I had in my brain were displayed there. The three I thought might look nice was a Hydrangea where our Hibiscus died from last winter’s frost, and a hosta by our pond and some gazanias in the daisy family, which are heat tolerant, but none were there.
Mostly it was people with Bonsai, worm soil, garden stones, fancy pots, even window people's display I considered that perhaps it was to frame your garden?
But the bath show people threw me since all I could come up with for they’re reason for being there was so you knew where to put your house plants when you went away?

We did eventually venture out and met friendly welcoming nursery people with larger potted plants and desperately trying to keep cool, but the prices were way too dear!
Some trees were seventy dollars or more, when we are so used to the home store more reasonable prices for that particular species at about twenty-five dollars.
And so even though we chatted and were friendly too, we left and decided to see if Fisherman’s Village had anything special going on today too…and they didn’t but we perused the shops anyway which is always fun.
We did enter one, wine tasting Fruity Florida Style wine shop whose vineyard actually is in the Tampa area.
Keeping back in the vein of last night’s theme we tasted a few of those tasty fruity little ditties, and they were fruitful and potent but mighty tasty, but don’t worry the glasses used were smaller than shot glasses. The choices were manly citrus, except for one that we both went, ‘WOW’, when we tasty it’s wee droplet!
It was a chocolate raspberry concoction and more than the wines but that good we had to have some for our own and so we bought it! It was about the same price as our lunches out at nice seafood restaurants.
We have vowed to save it for special occasions and for people we know that would appreciate it.

It started to pour! And Hubby had to go to the car for and umbrella and drove closer to the building but still my scooter got very wet and so did we too!

And then we came home and ‘reality check’ we had hot dogs and beans and salad for dinner!

Good night to all and to all count those blessings and we will too!

PS Hope you got your monies worth tonight? I’m back…. for now!

LOL, LOL, LOL

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...