Thursday, June 17, 2010

Library day!

Which in Tobi speak means…The Cultural Center!
Since our library branch is attached to our multi-faceted educational, club, retail, eatery and entertainment facility. We ate lunch there, and had an amazing chicken Marsala for only five bucks! After we perused the shops we each chose two books from our library.

We had arrived shortly before one P.M. and by then I had already been in our pool for moving around exercises and a mild short ROM program. I’m still not back 100%, but working on it. I must admit I did have a fairly good night’s sleep though, about seven and half hours with only getting up a few times due to the call of nature.
Then on our way home at the grocery nearby the center Hubby purchased dinner and extra bleach for a mold problem project.

You see, Hubby removed the steps from the deep end exit ladder due to it needing a very dire cleansing from mildew build up; and that to me doesn’t make any sense since our chlorine is showing always high or normal high in the tester. Perhaps it is from the wee bit of rain we have received recently? For that project he had to go into the pool which he does very infrequently, he never says why. Most people would kill to have even our little swimming pool, but he keeps his reasoning to himself, I guess some of us just aren’t into explaining things, unlike me! LOL, who always has the tendency to give way too much information and explanations.

He can swim just fine, by the way and even used to teach water skiing as a teenager in the Pocono’s, he even is SCUBA certified for over twenty-five years!
So that is why it baffles me, oh well...

The three exit steps for that end are still soaking in a bucket of strong bleach and water and hopefully will be good by tomorrow, but I don’t exit that way anyway. The steps are heavy duty white plastic and the rails are all stainless steel.
I need the railing and steps at the shallow end to pull myself up to grab my walker.
Our swimming pool does go from three to five feet deep, and is extremely tiny at only eight by sixteen feet in dimensions but fine for our needs; sort of like a large hot tub.
I can exercise well enough holding onto the sides or swim very short laps, just enough.

That’s why I still think we are very lucky, we have most all our needs met, but on a smaller scale.
There I go again with my feelings about enough.
You know the one where I say we should never be greedy because enough is enough, having what you need, no more or less.

I am in the process of waiting on an answer for a way to get a small gangplank for our little twenty foot boat. Hubby can lower it on the lift for me to slide onto but if I want to get out at let’s say Fisherman’s Village like I used to there is no way, I need a ramp or gangplank, I so miss going out on the boat to different destinations.
The only reason now its not that big a deal is due to this unrelenting heat, and even on the water it’s not that much cooler but by fall it would be so nice to be able to go here and there without worrying about if I wanted to get off to see things like parks, shops or restaurants; I have contacted Spinlife.com where I got my mobility scooter and walker from since I thought they might know what companies might know about such a thing.

So far no news from that artist I contacted Carolyn Blish, may never hear, oh well…

Some never feel the need to answer questions I suspect.
But on the other hand many do, which I personally prefer.

On that note of wanting, needing a desire to know what’s what I will wish you all a very good night and to all of you please count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that...

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that... : ...my kidneys are fine! So are, my liver, and pancreas I don't have a gallbladder anymore, surg...