Wednesday, June 2, 2010

ITS HERE...almost...

The oil is creeping closer to the Pensacola coast line; it is actually only nine miles away!
Frightening to us all in Florida, although we have a very long state and our proximity to that part of the state is hundreds of miles away.

Sadly one of our local reporters has been assigned to that job to wait and interview the victims of the disasters impingement on that shoreline, it should be touching down within the next day or two.
The reason that I know that this reporter is on her way is because she asked the question on Facebook, “On my way to Pensacola. Oil expected on FL shores within the next day or so. What questions do you have for the people up here?”

And I said, “First send them our prayers and hopes for a way to resolve this horrendous mess!
Then ask them how they are intending on handling the clean up?
And tell them to take every precaution available to them!
Let them know how they handle all of this will trickle down to us here because we are not that far behind them with the possibility of our turn to deal also with it!
Wish them the ability to succeed and teach us too!”

What else can we do?
Sadly, no one still knows what to do.
Over eight thousand people and mounting I am sure, have written to the BP people and our government with ideas on how to handle it.
Amazingly even James Cameron of Avatar fame.
I think they feel with his brilliant imagination that he may be helpful, and so they are willing to listen to him as one of the ones jumping to the head of the line of the many idea people.

I will beg now for any and all engineers or inventors out there in the world to send logical realistic ideas to the powers that be with documentation of how, when and why their ideas are going to work with of course appropriate crews to install the products for the repairs; if only!

My spell and grammar checks are no longer working again so bear with me please; my mind has been not as good at spelling as in my checkered past of those kids’ spelling tests with one hundred scores that I used to be honored to get.

Moving on… our day was pretty normal for us.
My usual morning rituals were performed, check emails, read our local newspaper online and then look at our Facebook page.
I was up early enough for the ‘word’ contest and entered again, but again did not win!
Two more days of it to go!
In case some have forgotten it is to win a digital battery color TV for emergencies.
Our old one is not digital.
They have different price points all over the net on this item; from around fifty bucks to a few hundred.
I still think having access to our battery TV during Hurricane Charley was what was responsible in saving our lives!

On that note of positivity I will wish you all a very good night and ask you to please count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that...

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that... : ...my kidneys are fine! So are, my liver, and pancreas I don't have a gallbladder anymore, surg...