Saturday, June 19, 2010

Gaffe... the meaning of the word...

Gaffe... the meaning of the word as defined by Webster’s is ... a social or diplomatic blunder, a noticeable mistake…hmm…

But I bet you all knew that.
I was pretty sure I knew it was something like that, oh actually I just thought it meant putting your foot in your mouth publicly… I guess that’s about the same, huh?

You see, in reality who hasn’t said something that they weren’t sorry for later?
I know I have many times, and most people would have learned by now, but not me.
Isn’t that the definition of crazy doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome?
Some call it not thinking before you speak, or as I like to say foot in mouth disease.
But me not being in the public eye or in politics or even in any business related position these days my big mouth of un-requested opinion and feelings about an issue hurts no one but myself usually.

On the other hand being a CEO like Tony Hayward of BP is business suicide when saying anything stupid, and so he has been removed, but not fired. He actually got to go on a cruise on his yacht in a race today back in Merry Ole, huh? But we are told we all still hate the man, OK?

I have no right to judge what others say or do, since my track record in that arena is pretty darn nasty to admit to myself.
Brain editing is for …well an editor, right?
I suppose it is a delayed conscience in my case, but I really do have one just not when it should show up, on time and in place when I absolutely need it!
My sorrowful conscience is so deep and so raw you would be surprised how I hate what I may have said without thinking so many times; I guess its part of my defective self.
But no excuse I hear you all yelling.
And you are all sooooooooooo right folks!
Thinking before one speaks is a learned art I truly believe, which admittedly to date I have not mastered.
Any clues on how to conquer that practice would be most helpful and welcomed.
I know I know you are all saying this gal has proven not to be even able to take constructive critism without going off the deep end, perhaps but learning by repetition or by rote might work? What do you think?

Alienation of people aint what’s cracked up to be or becoming a pariah to the world either.
Too bad there isn’t like a short film we humans could watch that actually showed you the results of your actions before you committed to them publicly?
WOW what a concept.
The person who comes up with that one will definitely have to get a patent fast.

Today we were able to finish our small projects of getting the signs in place, and I had a pleasant time in the pool too.
This evening we received our ration of late day storms, which keeps our gardens colorful, rain barrels full and our lawn heading towards plush once again.
Who can complain, so far we are fortunate that we have basically nothing to complain about yet…
Sadly that could all change in a moment’s gasp of a breath.
Not unlike many profound blip’s in time.

Please dear world remember that this ecological catastrophe is not something just unique to the Gulf region it unfortunately has been happening all over the world and each one has its domino’s effect on the rest of the planet.

So we as a race of human beings must find the answer as one.

Good night to all and to all count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that...

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that... : ...my kidneys are fine! So are, my liver, and pancreas I don't have a gallbladder anymore, surg...