Friday, March 5, 2010

We have been told we are in for... a very nice weekend, and week too!

Let’s say it’s about time on our home front that, that should have happened.
This is Florida after all, and nice weather is what we are all about, eh?
Gosh, we are nicknamed, ‘The Sunshine State’, for a reason!

They, the meteorologists that is, are saying we should be almost back to our normal temperatures for this time of the year, you don’t know what our normal temps are?
Well, let me tell you, they are fifties during the night and mid-seventies in the day time hours, degrees that is.

But last night we had mid-forties and today it rose to the high sixties.
Marginally colder but we as Floridians know the difference, and we want our norms back big time!

Why six months after moving here, nearly twenty-four years ago, my blood diminished in thickness I do believe to the point where when the thermometer slid to sixty degrees, it was a reason to get out the woolies! But unfortunately we gave them away when we moved here! LOL I really hate the possibility of getting assimilated to these colder temperatures with then feeling that eighty could be hot instead of just warm enough!

Blood thins I do believe, but I have no biological proof or a way to know for sure, and if it even could be realistically a truism.

Anywho, our resistance to colder temperatures did go the way of our overcoats, and we much prefer lighter weight clothing items to garnish our bodies with.
Not so much for me these days, lesser clothing, but so long as no one can see me I will put my bathing suit on to go into our swimming pool, which is only right, eh, and proper attire for the job?
That’s another thing until that water temperature goes up to eighty-five in our pool no toes are going in!

The Gulf of Mexico is still; would you believe in the fifties?
The only good that could come from all of this chilliness is that El Nino will prevent our hurricane season from producing too many nasty storm threats, since cold Gulf water temperatures prevent hurricanes from forming. It’s the warm water that creates the appropriate climate for such horrendous things!
And so you can only imagine that we are hoping for our cold Gulf of Mexico water temperatures to continue so we maintain this five year trend of no direct hits of hurricanes, thank you very much.

We are already plunging into the fifties for this evening, but there is nothing I personally can do about it, except wait it out, and personally I have got all the time in the world!

So on that oblique note of compromise I will bid you all a very good night and remind you to count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Time and life past quickly...

Speaking My Mind: Time and life past quickly... :   ...Faster than we tend to realize...! "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,...