Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Splash! I make rather a large one, but at least I am making one...

Today was another beautiful day in the neighborhood, and I swam for over an hour again this morning early. Yes, this morning was warm enough already to be in the swimming pool at 86 degrees the water temp was just perfect and the air too was comparable!

The fact that I take the time out of the day to enjoy my exercise program does not mean that is all I do; I do so much more…I did two loads of wash, and washed our area rug with Hubby’s help of course. I managed to get it out the door and he placed it where it needed to be for cleaning while sitting with the bucket, soap and hose nearby.

It’s a rather pretty pastel in wool with a seashell and fish motif, and it is about 3X5, and was a gift from our eldest son and his X-girlfriend who we still hear from occasionally. It is so lovely I do try to take good care of it, and it is washed in cold water and Woolite, which makes most everything look new, and in this case it brightens the vibrant colors that get matted down with everyone walking over it. It is now going on five years old.

Each washing, which by the way is not done too frequently only about once or twice a year, it seems to renew it and fluffs it into its lovely once again status.

Yesterday I shut the TV off after I felt the news channel’s negative bias against our president’s somewhat local visit and what actually occurred with the protestors was unfair. I always was taught that news anchors are supposed to be A-political, or at the very least show both sides of every story? They did not. I switched channels and the other one did.

I do know that when I took journalism way back when in college that it was definitely drummed into our heads, facts nothing but the facts, and good back up research! All angles should be covered. What’s up with each network it appears that they don’t always tell the whole story, and the appearance creates opinion pieces which is inappropriate in my feelings as a major affiliate to deviate from those presumed standards, don’t you think?

It’s not just the fact that what they did was so negative, I can live with that, but where was the other side of the story? Our local stations have done this too many times I’m afraid and when you email them to tell them as tactfully as possible they are not all willing to accept constructive criticism. Sure some are and write back and graciously thank you, but some are quite argumentative when they find the time to respond.
As consumers of the products they expel, not unlike all other products we must insist on quality and edit them too when the well paid professionals are not providing us with what we should expect!

I will say good night to all of you now and let you chew on my words of concern and stand up for your beliefs and try and do something, and hope that you will count those blessings and I will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Sorry for a repeat of missing here...

Speaking My Mind: Sorry for a repeat of missing here... :     It was time for another hospital visit...NOT! Me again...same symptoms of the ...