Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A new doctor was visited today..

I did it again! Well, it has been some time since I did that… I published just the title.
How ridiculous?

The title did state that I went to my new neurologist office visit today, and all I can say is that it was not that exciting with the usual workup of tests of reflexes, walking, and typical questions.
The woman neurologist was pleasant and knowledgeable enough and fairly young, most likely in her thirties. I will see her on an as needed basis, with any prescriptions being able to be called in on request.
It’s been strange these last few years knowing that most of the physicians are our sons ages or even younger; totally competent people in their fields, but an adjustment to our angle of seeing things.

I can remember when most doctors were elderly, or just appeared that way to me because I was so young. As a teen the T V show’s Dr. Kildare, Richard Chamberlain, was the man for the job, so handsome, and dreamy! It would be years later that we all would find out that our unrequited love couldn’t and wouldn’t ever be returned even in our teen girl dreams since he didn’t swing that way…hetero. (Darn, all the cuties seem to be gay! Not that there is anything wrong with that! I also had a crush on Rock Hudson, can I pick ‘em, or what?) In my twenties when the TV show Marcus Welby, Robert Young, was all the rage I don’t think that any young woman wouldn’t want a doctor, the dear sweet fatherly older man type, for him to be theirs with his so kind sincerity and real and very true caring, and who even made house calls!

Any-who, doctors are well educated people and they are still only practicing their jobs, and so we no longer put them on pedestals, thank goodness. Over the same many years, the last fifty I would say, teachers, clergy and coaches have all met with the same fate of being just human beings with human flaws. And boy when they screw up we sure get to know it! Thanks media!
Personally, I think that is a good thing. No one should ever be treated superior to anyone else. And when they do wrong it should be put out there for us to know about.
Breaking the law is just that, against the law!
I won’t go into details over what has transpired over the years, it’s too disgusting in some cases, because you all know what I am talking about.
I think as much as we all hate to hear bad news some things we cannot stick our heads in the sand for; we must know!

I suppose I have been rather lucky, but I do have a nosey need to know all about the doctor I will be seeing, and fortunately with the internet it is so much easier to seek that info out. We all should. Do it for anyone you need to deal with; you will be surprised to see what you can find out. Last resort is hospitals for those docs they have supposedly basic information. They are many free sites too for just about anything or anybody to get a better handle on. Don’t be shy. With the way the last few years being the way they have been, we should all be that much more careful who we deal with, don’t you think?

On that note I will wish you all a good night and to all take care, and be safe and count those blessings, and I will continue on my path to find some of my own.

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: What mischief can we get into today?

Speaking My Mind: What mischief can we get into today? :   Drum roll, please...! Famous poetry... "How do I love thee? Let me count the...